Author Topic: Really worried... post op puffy nipple... wasn't there 3 days post op  (Read 8567 times)

Offline MrHappy

• Posting Member
Im sure by now your chest has settled down and your pretty happy with your results. looking at your pics i think ur chest looks great. anyways i am 18 days post op and right after surgery my chest was flat as can be. now its all puffed up and my nips really poke out almost like i got gyne again. i had a pretty severe case, excision and lipo but either way my chest looks better now than before but i also know that i have plenty of healing left to do and skin tightening. im also still bruised and i feel hard tissue all around my nips and a bit on my sides. anyways just thought id see how ur doing now given the fact that this topic has not been posted in a while. i think other people could benefit from this discussion because its really a mindfu*k for me. i cant wait till the healing is done for good and i hope it looks good in the end!

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Im sure by now your chest has settled down and your pretty happy with your results. looking at your pics i think ur chest looks great. anyways i am 18 days post op and right after surgery my chest was flat as can be. now its all puffed up and my nips really poke out almost like i got gyne again. i had a pretty severe case, excision and lipo but either way my chest looks better now than before but i also know that i have plenty of healing left to do and skin tightening. im also still bruised and i feel hard tissue all around my nips and a bit on my sides. anyways just thought id see how ur doing now given the fact that this topic has not been posted in a while. i think other people could benefit from this discussion because its really a mindfu*k for me. i cant wait till the healing is done for good and i hope it looks good in the end!

Take it easy man...wear your vest, do some massage. I too got my surgery 18 days ago. Some hard tissue showing up here and there but it's not noticeable at all. I was told to massage the hard spots 3 times a day for 10 min with Arnica Gel. The gel itself is controversial -some say it is worthless- but I stick to whatever my PS says. He performs 200 GRS a year so I assume he knows what he's talking about.

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
I meant to ask my PS but I never got a chance to..

Is the massaging just for temporary relief or a way to soften up the area or is it vital to the overall healing process?

I guess what I want to know is if I don't massage the area every day, will it have a negative effect on my healing?

My swelling is very low right now and my bruising is completely gone (about 33 days post op), but there are some small, hard masses under the nipples. I'm guessing it's scar tissue.. I'm not paranoid and I know it's not gyne coming back. My PS told me to expect this and that it's completely normal before it softens up over the next few months and returns to a totally natural state. I just want to know whether or not massaging the area is completely necessary during the healing process. I tend to forget or just not do it because it's not something that bothers me often.. but if it's something I absolutely NEED to be doing, I should change my approach.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I guess what I want to know is if I don't massage the area every day, will it have a negative effect on my healing?

I read that massaging breaks down scar tissue before it becomes mature and really hard. Try googling scar tissue massage...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024