Author Topic: Revision Surgery in Canada!!  (Read 6772 times)

Offline Miscer

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. I live in Newfoundland and I got gyno surgery about 2 years ago, and I feel like my plastic surgeon honestly had no clue about how to properly perform gynecomastia surgery.. I wasn't told to get a restraining vest or anything mentioned on this website. Anyways here I am 2 years later and my chest looks worse than it did before, I've started calling around to a few places in Canada to see about a revision but it seems a lot of surgeons wont even attempt it, I'm definitely not going back to my previous plastic surgeon so I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of a doctor in Canada who performs revisions!?!

PS- If you live in newfoundland get the hell out of province for this surgery, like most things in the medical field we are about 20 years behind the times.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Post a few pics of your 'Botched' surgery...  One frontal, and the two sides...

Who was your surgeon?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Miscer

Hey, took some pics.. Only the nipple in the red box was operated on. The surgeon I had said it wasn't necessary to do both (probably part of the reason my chest looks completely uneven now). The final pic is after the classic pinching technique lol. I should add that at the time of the first surgery I was 18 and it was completely covered by my insurance.

EDIT- Oh yeah the surgeons name was dr. joy cluett

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
Miscer your chest looks shockingly similar to my chest pre-op. If you take a look at my thread titled "Dr Fielding" in the same category under Canada, you'll know my answer to this.

DrBermant

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. I live in Newfoundland and I got gyno surgery about 2 years ago, and I feel like my plastic surgeon honestly had no clue about how to properly perform gynecomastia surgery.. I wasn't told to get a restraining vest or anything mentioned on this website. Anyways here I am 2 years later and my chest looks worse than it did before, I've started calling around to a few places in Canada to see about a revision but it seems a lot of surgeons wont even attempt it, I'm definitely not going back to my previous plastic surgeon so I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of a doctor in Canada who performs revisions!?!

PS- If you live in newfoundland get the hell out of province for this surgery, like most things in the medical field we are about 20 years behind the times.

Hey, took some pics.. Only the nipple in the red box was operated on. The surgeon I had said it wasn't necessary to do both (probably part of the reason my chest looks completely uneven now). The final pic is after the classic pinching technique lol. I should add that at the time of the first surgery I was 18 and it was completely covered by my insurance.

EDIT- Oh yeah the surgeons name was dr. joy cluett

There are many possible causes for the Puffy Nipple Deformity After Gynecomastia Surgery. In your case you have more than one reason, one side with a puffy nipple deformity was left untouched. Although One Sided Gynecomastia does exist, more often the problem is Uneven Gynecomastia. It can be extremely difficult to achieve symmetry when the unoperated side has even a subtle deformity.

Revision Gynecomastia surgery is often more difficult than the first surgery. Not all surgeons have the same skills. Look for many examples of a particular surgeon's skills with revision surgery before considering that doctor for your next surgery. A major portion of my practice is Revision Surgery for patients unhappy with operations done elsewhere.

I have posted here on how to pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

I see many Canada Gynecomastia patients for both primary and revision gynecomastia surgery. Here is one example of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia from Canada. Here is another example of Revision Gynecomastia Surgery for Puffy Nipples.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of a doctor in Canada who performs revisions!?!

Try Doc Fielding in Toronto, Ontario...

His contact info is in my Sig at the bottom of this post...

Sorry, JCF doesn't have a website nor a business email address...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024