Author Topic: 3 weeks post-op worried about uneven chest  (Read 3837 times)

Offline michael6851

Hi guys... i'm new here, and i had my surgery done by Dr. Lista (mississauga, ontario) about 3 weeks ago (july 31st)... the doctor removed 450g from each side of the chest, and i've noticed that my right side is nice and flat, however, my left side is still larger... it has been 3 weeks post-op and it doesn't seem that the left side has gone down at at. when speaking with the doctor a few days ago, he said everything is headling fine and the "swelling" (thats what he calls it) could take up to a year to go down (the nurse said 2 months for final results)... so... is this normal? and has anyone else experienced this? i'm really concerned that they will remain uneven.

Offline flex1appeal

It won't take a year to go down but it could take 2-3 months for swelling to completely disappear. And it is possible one side sustained more swelling than the other. My revision surgery had my left side 3x more swollen than my right and it lasted 2 months before it was completely gone while my right side I noticed the swelling was gone in 2 weeks for the most part.

GynO_DuDe

From what I seen on my chest, swelling is equal on both sides on my chest.

But my doc told me it'll take a year to heal. Quite frankly im cool with that as ive managed to live with Gyne for 8 years so whats another year ... atleast im able to wear t-shirts and look boobless.

Offline flex1appeal

Relax. It takes weeks for fluid to be absorbed by the surrounding left over tissues. I am sure it is blood combined with swelling. I had a drain the first 3 days and I accumulated almost a pint of blood in 24 hours. After my drains were removed (I think they were taken out too early on my request) my left side swelled up a great deal with fluid (mostly blood). It absorbed and dispursed within a few weeks. Both sides eventually will even out and catch up to each other. So be patient. You aren't a unique case where this is concerned.

Offline michael6851

thank you very much guys.. i appreciate the responses, and you have calmed me down quiet a bit... i am a type of person that freaks out easily over little things, and its good to know that i'm not alone in this matter...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024