Author Topic: When can i do chest exercises at the gym?  (Read 3408 times)

Offline to-be-or-not-to-be

• Posting Member
hey guys...its been 32 days since i've had surgery...i took a month post-op pics ...jus need to edit now...Swelling has gone down...is it time for me to do chest exercises?

thanx for replying

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
6 weeks, take my word for it.

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
This is a very individually tailored question.  Each person is different in their healing process and the severity of gland taken out/lipo performed.  Personally mine was not bad and i was back at the gym doing chest exercises 3 weeks post-op.  I would advise asking your PS because only he/she will know best.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
I am now 1 month post op and started training again. I've started doing my chest with low weights and will gradually add-on within the next couple of days if everything feels right as it is right now. For the rest of the workouts I'm going with the regular weights and more as from what I was doing pre-op.

Offline flmb

• Posting Member
i am at 5 weeks at post op an did chest exercises yesterday for the first time. it really is an individual type thing. my swelling is all gone and i only have a bit of tissue scarring. the deciding factor for me was that i have full range of motion again. by that i mean lifting my arms over my head and all the way back like doing flys.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
This is a very individually tailored question.  Each person is different in their healing process and the severity of gland taken out/lipo performed.  Personally mine was not bad and i was back at the gym doing chest exercises 3 weeks post-op.  I would advise asking your PS because only he/she will know best.

Some good advice there...  ;)

3-6 weeks... Use light weights at first and listen to your body. If you feel any pain/discomfort what-so-ever, stop. Wait another week or two and try again...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024