Author Topic: Surgery Complete 29th Sept with Alex Karidis and very happy  (Read 6195 times)

Offline rogerq

• Posting Member
Hi All,

I just wanted to say that i finally had it done and my results are amazing. I am very happy and the whole experience was so comfortable and easy i still cannot believe it.

Rogerq

Offline 76ertia

• Posting Member
That's excellent news, I have a consultation booked with the great man next month. I'd really appreciate a more detailed account of the day of surgery, and following days if you find the time! Also, photographs would be an added bonus. I'm still kind of nervous about going under the knife but I know that quite simply: if I want to be happy, and get on with my life then it needs to be done. Karidis is the one surgeon which I can't really find any "negative" for (apart from maybe the cost, but I'm sure we all agree that five grand is "nothing" when the positive impact the surgery will have on the rest of our lives is called into consideration.)

Offline rogerq

• Posting Member
Hi,

I had consultations with Levick and Karidis. I thought the whole Levick procedure was just too agressive in the end and seemed to require far more recovery time.

I decided on Karidis becuase of the following:
-No reports of concave chests
-No reports of sticking skin
-No overnight stay in hospital
-No drains
-Surgery is possible on Saturdays (This really made things very easy for me with my work)

I did have the following concerns
-Possible scar around the nipple from the incision (This is not even visible, so it should not be a concern)
-Price ( I now think its worth every penny)

The only concerns i had with Karids was that he made an incision around the nipple. I was concerned that there would be a scar but its really not visible. There really is nothing to see, the incision is so small that i have trouble locating it. I really dont know how Karidis does this procedure through such a small incision.

The other thing i didnt like was Levick told me it could take a year to see the final results, well after 2 weeks i love the result i have, its amazing. I just didnt buy into this "1 year for the final results".

After the procedure i woke up wearing a compression vest(I think levick expects you to pay extra for these). I had no pain, my chest felt like i had done a heavy workout but thats all. I had minimal bruising/swelling. I did feel really thirsty and hungry, so i kept ordering drinks and food. I left the hospital at about 6 just because i had to wait for a friend to pick me and i wanted to eat dinner. The nurse provied me with painkiller and another compression vest.

I went back to work on Monday. 2 weeks later my chest looks perfect to me. I can wear what i want and i am going to book a beach holiday for January.I need to take some pictures and post them for you guys to see.

Rogerq

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Where is Karadis based? I am in Blackpool. There is a guy in preston who does the op but has only done it 20 or so times.........I need it doing but cannot afford it..........and I want it done so bad!!!!!

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Hi,

I'm really keen to see some pics. I have ran a search through this forum and not been able to locate any.

Will really appreciate it as I considering surgery myself.

Thanks,

BM

Offline rogerq

• Posting Member
Hi All,

Sorry i havnt sent an update. I have been really busy. I will try and post some pictures and updated this week.

Roger

Offline HarryO

• Posting Member

Hi Guys,

Just checking in.

I was operated on in Sublice at the end of Jan '07. I am not happy with my result.

Not enough was taken off, and the puffy nipple issue is the same as it was. Despite some of the BS spouted on here,
in my experience, it looks the same at 2-3months as it does now, 10 months later.

I had a painful summer, just like all the summers before and I dread the weather getting better next year.

I reckon that if I got a bad meal in a resturaunt, I would not go back there, so why should i go back to poland?

I was with two other guys there, and we ALL had puffy nipple problems and NONE of us are happy. Going for a revision
will not fix the puffy problem, they don't seem to really understand the puffy nipple issues.

So I don't think i'll go back to them. I have heard of one poster on here that went back for 2 revisions to sublice, - That would mean another 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!  And that assumes they can get rid of the puffiness.  In some ways I'm worse (Shape) than I was. But there is less mass, I accept that, but It not any better.

I'm very depressed, but now that I'm 10 months post op, it's time for another one.

Please tell us more about Benito in Barca, does he have puffy nipple success?

Offline Albion71

• Bronze Member
Hi Harry, sorry to hear about your bad experience. Would you not be better going for revision in the UK - or is that too expensive?

I'm currently going through the consultancy phase - seen Hamed and Levick - about to see Karidis.

My problem is also mainly puffy nipples, but I'm worried that a lot of the surgeons aren't really sure if that's something they can fix.

Offline rogerq

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

I amsorry i havnt posted the pics. I am so busy with work and moving apartments i just havnt got around to it. The same goes to replying to the private messages. As for puffy nipples, my girlfirend says she didnt realise how much she liked them. But they are gone now.

Rogerq

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Hi,

Hope the moving of apartments i as well as your recovery s going well.

The reason I'm so interested is that you the reasons you listed for choosing Karidis are compelling. I have not been able find any pics of his handiwork (on his website and on this forum) and I'm keen to see how he compares to Levick.

One of my main concerns is scarring, so I'd be really keen to see the incision points (apologies if I am being too demanding, just want to make an informed choice).

Thanks

BM

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member

Here is a thread with some photos of someone who went to Karidis - great results I think, I am gonna use him it's just when I can afford to be off for a week or so

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,11181.0.html

Hi,

Hope the moving of apartments i as well as your recovery s going well.

The reason I'm so interested is that you the reasons you listed for choosing Karidis are compelling. I have not been able find any pics of his handiwork (on his website and on this forum) and I'm keen to see how he compares to Levick.

One of my main concerns is scarring, so I'd be really keen to see the incision points (apologies if I am being too demanding, just want to make an informed choice).

Thanks

BM

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024