Author Topic: Compression Vest?  (Read 4585 times)

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Hi,

Im 22 and Im in great shape. Probably about 12% BF, pretty muscular. I've had puffy nips for about 8 years. I usually use band-aids to help hide my nips, pretty much every single day. I have red marks on either sides of my nips. They aren't bad, but im afraid that if I continue to use band aids daily, the marks will remain permanent. Im looking into buying a compression vest to wear on the daily so I dont need band aids. Im not sure if a compression vest is even what I am looking for. Can someone help lead me in the right direction for a 'vest' I can wear comfortably everyday to help keep those damn puffs hidden.

I appreciate your help..

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
Hey man I hear your pain! Same story as you..muscular, in shape...
compression vests get quite uncomfortable. they are not cheap either. so wearing one vest every day is going to get stinky...and washing it every other day or so will tare it up pretty fast. also, they are visible under shirts, and with summer approaching, it gets hot.

tell me though. when you run your fingers under your nipples does it feel like you have granules of hard tissue underneath? how big are those granules and do they ever hurt?

men, just like women, have mammary glands and those can swell up either in the teenage years or due to drug/steroid use. If you're smokin weed, shootin the juice or doin other drugs you should probably stop for at least 6 months or for good  and see if the condition will go away on its own.

i had my nips for at least 11 years before i got fed up with 'em. no drugs or anything though, they just never got smaller after puberty.
really, the only way you are going to get rid of them is by surgical excision of the gland's underneath your nipples. i just had my surgery 6 months ago and feel awesome! I find myself not even thinking about my chest anymore. Compared to 6 months (and 11 years) of every day torture.
think about it man.. it's a life long investment for the better

Check out Dr. Delgado's description of the procedure on http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/general/delgadofaq.shtml

Also read up on the issue. This website has tons of info.

Take care and I hope I helped a bit.
Later

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Hey man,

Thanks for the advice. It definitely helped. I dont feel anything at all under my nips. When they are hard, they are small and normal looking. Otherwise they are puff up (big). Ive had this since about the age of 14. I used to smoke weed here and there but no longer do, and have never touched Steroids. My father said he had puffed nips from about the age of 15 to 24, and they went away on there own. I already went for a consultation with a board certified PS in my area. I also have an appointment with an endocrinologist on Monday. I'm not sure if I have low testosterone levels or not, and Im not sure that that would change my nip situation in any way. ON one hand, I dont have much facial/body hair, but on the other hand, I can pack on muscle with no problem so long as my calories are in check and my training/rest is on point. I will see what this endo has to say about my test levels, and take it from there. If I need the surgery, I'm definitely going to get it. I want to be able to make use of all this hard work i put in the gym, and just be able to be myself.

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
yeah man i hear you with the training. i too trained my asss off. but the puff never went away so i had to get surgery eventually and am very pleased with the results.

i was 24 when i got it done, and had it since 12 or so.

well if you can pack on muscle you probably don't have large swings in test. but both, musculature and hair growth have a large genetic influence.

def. wait to see what the endo. has to say and if you say that your dad had the same issue, maybe waiting a bit longer could prove beneficial.

it could just be that that's a trouble spot for your body, that the fat underneath the nips just does not want to burn off.. although changes happen in the 20's too. by late 24 early 25 (may be different for some guys) your whole hormonal levels can and will change somewhat, and that baby fat that still might be lingering here and there will burn off.

so just keep up the training and stay positive man! it'll all work out in the end!

take care and update us with the results.
l8tr

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Thanks for the positive words. I recently started talking about my condition, and that has helped a lot. I told my family and what not. It has lost a lot of power in my life. I dont think about it that much. I look at it as a medical condition now, and try not to beat myself up about it. Thanks for the advice bro. I will def see what the endo says, and take it from there. I'll let you know what happens! Congrats on your surgery too man. Glad to hear everything went well! Im sure your loving smaller nips! Take care man.

TRAIN HARD

Offline z-dog

Under Armor type compression undershirts work great! Nike and Reebok are also now making these types of shirts. The shirts fit very snuggly and really reduce how much they stick out, plus they wick away sweat.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024