Author Topic: Bought Compression vests -  to loose?  (Read 3148 times)

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
from eurosurgical and they arent really tight enough. It really feels loose. Im going to ring eurosurgical tommorow and ask for the next size down. Bought 2 as well at over £100.

Surely they should be tighter and pull everything in more. ?

help im worried i wont have the right thing for after the op

Offline webster

• Silver Member
Well the vest should be tight on at least one of the rows of eyes ... otherwise no point to it!

Personally I bought a #644 from eurosurgical, but then I started thinking it was too tight.

Phoned them up to send it back - they weren't sure.

So I reminded them of the Distance Selling Regulations (2000). - Basically they have to exchange or give a total refund within 7 days of your reciept of goods. You don't need to give a reason. Obviously the goods must be as new.  Anyway after that they were very helpful about it and did give me a full refund.

A few weeks later I decided the size I sent back was correct (lost loads of weight pre-op nerves, LOL).
So I ordered the same size again.

Since Eurosurgical must be making a good £45 per vest they are always happy to deal with me!!  

So since you've paid and Eurosurgical IME turn exchanges round PDQ you might as well try a smaller size. You usually have about a week post op before you need one. You'll know when you have the right size.

Good luck

« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 01:35:21 AM by webster »

Offline orrible

thanks for the info

i just telephoned them and they said they were happy to exchange but i already had the smallest size. Surely this thing is meant to feel tight? im not the skinnest guy in the world, but it just doesnt seem to offer the compression on the tightest setting.

Offline webster

• Silver Member
SC, if you measure ur chest carefully and follow their sizing chart you should be OK. Well it worked for me.

Remember, you have to breathe! I found that initially wearing a vest didn't seem to be doing anything, but after a few hours the compression made it harder to breathe and definately felt 'firm'.

So try wearing a vest for a few hours andf then see what you think.

Also you can fold the bottom half back over on itself, so the bottom of the vest ends up under you armpits. That should increase compression.

Or wear a T shirt underneath.

Or try underworks.com who have a wider range of vests than eurosurgical....

Offline London_boy

• Bronze Member
  • Op performed by Mr Levick 17/08/05
    • My Photos :
I did exactly the same thing but the other way round - I ordered two mediums and when they arrived I tried one on pre-op and decided that it was going to be too tight so changed one for a large which I then decided was going to be too big.....

Remember though, whilst Eurosurgical are happy to exchange goods, they will not take back anything that has been opened !!

I've also got an Underworks vest that whilst cheaper than the ones from Eurosurgical, aren't a patch on them in terms of quality. As webster says though, they do have a much wider range.

Offline orrible

thanks for the tips will give it a try.

Londonboy how are your results coming along? do you have any pic updates.

thanks

Offline London_boy

• Bronze Member
    • My Photos :
Looking pretty good really considering it hasn't really been that long since the op. Things are still a bit lumpy and bumpy and I am still wearing the compression vest a lot of the time as advised to my Mr L.

However, in clothes you'd never know and I have just come back from a 4 day break in the sun and for the first time in god knows how many years, I took my top off by the pool and happily walked around in nothing but a t-shirt, so on that basis 100% successful !!

I'll try and download some new pics soon as things have come on in leaps and bounds since the last lot of photos....

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
I'll try and download some new pics soon as things have come on in leaps and bounds since the last lot of photos....

You lazy git! You've been saying that for ages!

I've a particulary fetching London-Irish Rugby shirt I've been wearing around in the chilly autumn weather here. I may die of hypothermia, but at least I'll die happy!

I'm not lumpy or bumpy, but there's still defined areas of what feels like soft-fat under each nipple. I'll pop back over to see Mr.L in Feb if there's no shift with it.

Still, major improvment and result all around.

Offline London_boy

• Bronze Member
    • My Photos :
You lazy git! You've been saying that for ages!  

Yeah, good point Irish, I have been you're right. No, honestly I really will try to post some soon !!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024