Author Topic: 17 year old in need of real help  (Read 2743 times)

Offline reallyangryguy

Hi all, new here

Forgive me if this has been talked about before.

I'm 17, I'm a good looking guy and the only thing holding me back from being "Me" is these man boobs. I have had them since I was 13 but not this bad. Now I'm 17, im going into senior year and I can't take this anymore. I'm selfconcious about my chest, I think it is projected off of me. My posture is bad because I hunch a little so my chest doesn't look bad. But it doesn't work anymore.

I broke my leg racing and am just now starting to be able to walk on it. I can't run yet. but I want to know how to get rid of these fast.

It tears me up inside because i used to look great, I always had girlfriends and things, now I don't even aproach girls as much in a relationship type way because i feel so self conscious. It's like torture.

I know I need to eat right, but what is right?
Is there one food group I can cut out that will drop weight off quick? like dairy?

How can I boost my metabolism, or burn fat even though I can't run right now. Summer is right around the corner, I will do whatever it takes, i'm not going to finish my last year in highschool like this. It gets to be so bad because I used to be like everyone else and has a flat chest. Now I'm the only one out of a group of about 15 firends that got out of shape in this way. I do everything active I can like motocross which is a very high pace and physically demanding sport.

I need help. I now alot of you will just say eat right and run but I can't RUN! I need to know what to eat, specifics that will help me. Is there a chart anywhere of foods that are friendy for someone that wants to loose weight like this? What are SPECIFIC things I need to do?

Please help me, I almost feel like crying sometimes and thats hard for me to say because I'm a pretty tough guy. I feel like I can't even look good in shirts anymore, I wear hoodies alot up until now and that masked it a little, but now it's summer...can't.

Help me guys :-[

Offline Shaman

• Posting Member
The first thing you'll have to understand is that true gynecomastia does not go away with weight loss, you can hope for just fat though. Working out seems like a great idea to me, do not cut out dairy, it helps you lose weight in it's leaner forms(skim milk) but I'd reccomend you look at this website and look into the book THE ABS DIET by David Zincenko, it really helped me.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/channelpage.do?site=MensHealth&channel=weight.loss

Offline reallyangryguy

I don't know if it is the true gynecomastia or what, but all the fat my body gets goes right there, it makes me so damn mad.

I will look at that diet, thanks. I heard something abou cutting all forms of wheat out of your dies and just taking fiber pills for fiber. Is this a good way to loose weight? I really wish i could run or work out, but my leg has 7 screws in it. Won't let me right now.

Offline reallyangryguy

anyway you can sum up the key points to abs diet? I can't really buy the book as i have no credit card :(

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sadly, the breast area is sometimes the first place where fat will deposit when we gain weight and the hardest place to lose fat. As previously noted, gland cannot be reduced by weight loss.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Shaman

• Posting Member
Abs diet need to know:
-Eat whole grains(100% whole wheat bread etc.)
-Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup and Partially Hydrogenated    Oils
-Eat around 5 or 6 smallish meals a day.
-Eat lean proteins such as fish and chicken
-EAT BREAKFAST

That's the basis I worked with as far as diet goes. I found the book at the public library, I'd look for it there. Make sure the bread you buy is 100% whole wheat, it has all the fiber, you're body digests white breads very quickly. I'd read the articles here to get you started

Offline ecj

• Posting Member
Have you ever considered seeking professional help?  I am working on a news story about male breasts.  Are you willing to tell your story?  We may be able to help you.  If you are interested please reply.
Thank you!

Offline reallyangryguy

no i don't know man, I think I would feel weird talking about it.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 12:16:15 PM by reallyangryguy »

Offline aloe

• Bronze Member
I think people should be very very wary of ecj - the one looking for young boys to talk about their condition.  I think the moderator of these boards should investigate.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
First its below 15 now its for a 17 year old. If your maing a program you cant just chop and change.

probably depends on what kind of "program" this fella is makin...  :-X

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024