Author Topic: Just told my mum...  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
Hey Guys

I have finally found the courage to tell my mum about my gynecomastia and that I want surgery for my 21st birthday coming up. It has taken me years to do so, kept it hidden for sooo long I cant remember but I cant believe how well she took it and how supportive she was. She was more supportive than I could have wished for and she is the sort that hates cosmetic surgery! As soon as i told her she gave me a hug and then seemed really upset that my life has been plagued by this disease and started talkin immediately about doing something about it.

Obviously she needs some 'educating' as do I on the subject but things are looking really good. A HUGE weight has been lifted off my back and I cant tell you how happy I am, I strongly recommend to those who feel they cant talk to their parents try it, at the end of the day whats the worse that can happen? I believed my mum would just deny it but she obviously knows that I have been conscious about it for most of my life and gave me the response I needed!

Good luck guys

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
You've got a great mom, Chilli. 

Maybe you could show her some of the threads here so she'll know this is for real and that so many of us have had to deal with it.  Anyway, congrats on getting up the great courage necessary to just talk about it.  I'm glad it went so well for you.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Now that this important hurdle has been passed, The remaining steps toward the resolution of your problem each get easier.

Congratulations and Good Luck.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
I will be 21 in April and I live in London, the thing is I wont be getting it done before this summer which will be sh*t but wait till afterwards. As conscious as I am about it and as much as I hate havin these moobs I would rather enjoy my last summer (as much as one can) rather than having to stay inside. I will put pictures up sometime but I will probably be rated a 3/10 but to be even 1/10 is bad enough, depends on the individual as well all know.

She is going to try and find out more information about it all in terms of surgery procedures. I was gonna use this website and the video if she denied it but she accepted it all. The next step is the endocornologist, I have never done drugs (in fear of my moobs growing even more) and as far as im aware the medication I have been on is alright in terms of side affects...

Im at Uni at the mo but head back for Easter (late March), any chance I could have a meeting and get the actual surgery done by the end of April? If so would I be alright to hit the beaches beginnin of June? Cheers for the support guys :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024