Author Topic: Describe the pain (if possible)  (Read 4647 times)

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Guys

Of those of you that have had the op could you possibly describe how sore it is just after the op and for the next few days.  I know this is possibly a dumb question.  I was just thinking in terms i.e like the pain a day after a mega heavy weight work out on your chest.

I have a reasonably high pain threshold its the thought before it thats quite scary, and now with my op less than 2 weeks away im getting a little panicky now  :o
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
RRB,

Don't worry about the pain aspect.  Straight after the op you are taken to recovery and given a pain killer.  It should kick in within 30 mins.  That should last you all night and the next day you should be ok.  I have had no pain what so ever the next day although I did ASK for some tablets JUST IN CASE!  It was these that made me nausaus.  I have been fine since and have had no pain.

Chill!

Chorlton.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Chorlton

Thanks, thats put me a little more at ease :) Im back to very excited again.  To be honest i thought the 3 weeks from consultation to Op would drag in but its only 10 days to go now  ;D

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
I know what you mean mate. The next two weeks are going to fly for me. I'm starting to get quite excited actually!
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04

I don't rememeber being in pain at all unless I did something stupid like bang the area with my knee! lol

But right after the op.. no pain at all that I remember.

Ian

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
THanks Ian

I think I was just getting a little nervous after reading Chorlton and uk_blokes stories.  Its like the dentist for me. Panick until im sitting in the chair :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024