Author Topic: Surgery by Dr. Sandip Jain (Mumbai)  (Read 4126 times)

Offline help.me

• Posting Member
I have always been a silent reader of this forum. I got a lot of useful information from this forum.. I want to first of all thanx gynecomastia.org and all the guys here who helped me a lot in deciding what to do...

I had gynecomastia since the age of 16yrs. And faced the same problems that you all guys face/faced. One day i was searching for the cure of gynecomastia and somehow came to this forum.. After a thorough reading of almost all the topics, I realised that surgery is the only cure of this problem.. I mentally prepared myself and my family for the surgery. Next thing was to choose a good surgeon.. I was confused between two of the most popular surgeons that were mentioned here... 1) Dr K.Ramachandran 2)Dr Sandeep Jain

I talked to both of them on phone and through emails. The problem was that i had lost approx 40kg weight in last 1 year. After hearing that Dr Sandeep Jain said that skin tightening will be needed and quoted 75K. While Dr Ramchandran said it will be decided that skin tightening is needed or not only during surgery. He cant tell me in advance that skin tightening will be needed or not... He quoted 55K without skin tightening + 25K if skin tightening is performed.

I asked about scars. Dr Sandeep Jain said that the scars will be barely visible (including skin tightening). Dr Ramchandran said if skin tightening will be performed then scars will be visible... So then I chose Dr. Sandeep Jain to perform a surgery on me...

Offline help.me

• Posting Member
I reached Mumbai on xx/x/2012 and went to saiffe hospital in morning. But they told me that Dr. Jain meets after 4pm. So i called him, and he said that I can meet him after 4pm at hospital. He also asked me to tell the place where i stayed so that he can send someone to take my measurement for compression garment. So, I went back to hotel where i stayed. After 2 hours a guy came and took my measurements for compression garment. I paid him 3K for the garment. He said the garment will reach on your operation table on time and I dont have to worry about anything.

I went back to saiffee hospital at 5pm. I met with Dr. Jain. He said that yes i am having gynecomastia and surgery will be needed.. And since i had a significant weight loss, skin tightening will be performed also.. He took 50K as advance and asked me to come next day  morning 8am..

Next day i went there on 8AM. I was allotted a room which was shared by 3 people (including me).. I mean it was a three sharing room. after 1 hour a guy came to shave my chest. after that they gave me a liquid and asked me to bath with it.. I took the bath. And looked at my moobs and said "this is the last time i am seeing you..". Then came a nurse with hospital cloths and asked me to wear them. At that time i was a little nervous.. But the i controlled myself.  All the blood test were already taken by me at my hometown. So I was not required to take them again. And Dr. Jain also said that everything is fine.  

At 11am they came with a wheelchair. Made me sit on that, and carried me to 4th floor. There i was transferred to a strature.. i was given an injection (i dont know what was it for).. after 15 min they took me to operation theater.. I was a little scared that time.. then came 3-4 doctors i wished good morning to all of them. Dr. Sandeep Jain asked me to sit and open the shirt. He marked something on my chest and asked me to lie down again.. they put a oxygen mask like mask on me. It smelled very bad.. And after few seconds my light went out...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:09:28 AM by help.me »

Offline help.me

• Posting Member
I woke up. And i was still in operation theater.. I could hear the small beeps of the hospital instruments like heart beat monitor.. i was scared that something must have went gone wrong and they woke me before performing surgery.. They started to put compression garment on me.. i asked, is everything fine ? and one doctor said, yes everything is fine.. they zipped the garment, put the shirt on me.. and took me out of the OT.. i was half asleep that time.. i cant remember how they took me to my room, and transferred me on the bed.. After few hours i woke up again. now i was a little conscious. Two drain piped were attached on my. Drip was attached on one arm.. Felt like, yes now i am in hospital..

They kept in hospital for next two days.. I must say all the staff there were very good.. I had very little pain and that too was because of compression garment.. Dr. Jain visited me on both days.. next day he visited me with 2 other docs (i think they were students of him and were undergoing some training). They removed the drains. Dr Jain said now i am ready to leave but i will have to stay in Mumbai for 4 days and meet him after 4 days.. I paid him the remaining fee 25K.. So i packed my bags, left saiffee hospital and back to my hotel.. 4 days passed, and the compression garment was making me sick.. i wanted to get out of that.. Plus the pain increased, specially when i used to sit after lying down. I was worried. This was the date, i went back to meet him (after 4pm, i know the time now..) he took me to a room and asked me to open compression garment. It was the first time i saw my flat chest... It was flat, but nipples had a very big black boundary.. i thought now what should i do.. i got scars.. but Dr. Jain said everything is fine.. He performed dressing on me. And then we went in his room. He wished me all the best. And i left.. I caught the next train to my hometown in night.. And there i was.. at my home... without moobs...

I will post about my recovery process soon...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:12:21 AM by help.me »

Offline avku

• Posting Member
hi help me

please post ur experiences post surgery.
keep posting as it will help oders
if ne pics plz post that too.
btw congrats

Offline help.me

• Posting Member
thanx avku.... its been 4 months since my surgery... but i can still scars around the nipple nd skin has turned red at that place.. it looks very ugly nd anyone can tell that u had an opration at that place... so my advice 4 everyone is that u shud not go for skin tightening.. it leaves scars.. but ya, chest seems flat.. no doubt.. i hope with time, scars also become barely visible as assured by dr. jain...

Offline help.me

• Posting Member
sorry, i have removed the exact surgery date from my 1st post due to.... well, u know... some personal reasons...

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member
thank you for posting this,it will surely help others suffering from this hopeless condition

Offline help.me

• Posting Member
mak23... this is not a hopless condition.. u have landed on the right place... this forum will be very useful... also u can ask me anything...

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member

Offline help.me

• Posting Member
Here I am again. After 2 years of my surgery. Life changes a lot after you get rid of your gyno. I almost cant remember myself having gyno. Life is so much stress free. I can take off my shirt anytime any place I want.

Chest is flat. I put on some weight since last 1 year so it got a little bulky above the nipples. It looks ok but. The only problem is the big scar on both the nipples due to skin tightening. I wish I had not gone for that. :(

Anyone needs any suggetions, post here. I'll help. I am keeping this thread open in my browser now.

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
Does it affect power?? How much tym for our pre op strength to come back ??
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024