Author Topic: belly and face fat  (Read 5342 times)

Offline alk3

• Posting Member
Hey everyone.  In January I started diet and exercise.  Didn't go hardcore til mid-February but I managed to lose over 40lbs so far.  Yes, I've noticed a weight loss in my belly but it seems that the majority of the weight I still need to lose is on my belly and my face.  I know you can't target train but is there anything I could do to speed up the process on at least one of these trouble areas?  I'm not building muscle because I'm only interested in losing the weight right now.  I do cardio 3-5 times a week for one hour and crunches afterwards.  Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
Some folks naturally have a lot of face fat. It will go away on its own as your weight gets to "normal" levels.

As far as the stomach...crunches and sit ups should get it into shape...when you get to a normal level. But until then..just do a lot of cardio stuff to get calories burning...don't focus on specific areas.

If you were massively obese, as i was, you may need a tommy tuck. But I doubt that's probably the case for most people.

Just work on cardio and worry about toning and stuff after you get the weight off.

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
  I think if you really want to get that weight off, and look tone you should do weight training and cardio. Weight lifting will speed up your metabolism which will enable you to shred the fat faster.

I-H-G
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
its a little known technique but there are such a thing a face exercises - women do them to tone the face and keep off wrinkles, I have seen some books on amazon

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
That is odd..... I was under the impression that face fat is the first to go when you loose weight. Mine does. Now my belly on the other hand, that is usually the last to go.  :-/

John.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 03:47:27 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline P1mp

• Posting Member
K so you want to kill you stomach fast? then do this...
get a incline situp bench one that is adjustable and set it at its hardest setting do three way situps(right elbow to left knee, normal, then left elbow to right knee) about 3 sets of 10 then do 3 sets of 20 normal situps then do 3 sets of weighted situps. Do this 2x a day morning and night. The key to losing ab fat is building ab muscle. Your diet should be something like no sucrose (sugar soda etc) and huge amounts of protien 2-3 cups of whey isolate a day...to loose facial fat run(work up to atleast 5 mi every other day) or do some kind of hard cardio and do it a lot i recommend kickboxing or boxing...late.

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
you guys all made good points but the most important was left out.. DIET ...Diet and cardio go hand in hand without one the other is usless in my eyes... if you gotta good diet and do massive cardio combined with some weights ur gonna do well... one other thing is change up the rotine every few weeks   Holaa

Offline ASRel

• Posting Member
its a little known technique but there are such a thing a face exercises - women do them to tone the face and keep off wrinkles, I have seen some books on amazon

I think "face exercises" are what end up with you gaining weight in the first place :P

(Eating)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024