Author Topic: Testosterone pills???  (Read 25958 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Would taking testosterone pills help in building muscle?

Where would one get testosterone pills? Pharmacy? A GP?

TIA...

John....
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
I woudl not encourage you to mess with your testosterone levels. It could possibly contribute to gyne when you stop takign them...in a manner similar to how steroids can cause gyne. (I am not an expert or anything though.) I would caution you not to take them and to develop muscles naturally...it's not worth it if you might get gyne again, is it?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

What about natural supplements that you can get from a muscle shop or a health food store?

John...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 08:14:11 PM by Bambu »

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
Hey Bambu....
I would like to first off say that there is no test pills that are real unless they are steriods...... Just say this wasnt true and there was natural test pills.... this would almost garantee that you will get ur boobs back.. messing with ur test levels will impact your estrogin levels I would stay away from those type of things..

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
I have no idea about other natural supplements, but is it worth the price if you get the gyne back? It's too risky.

You can develop muscles on your own. Go to somewhere like http://www.johnstonefitness.com - look for the forums - and read up about weight training.

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
maybe creatine... or on the other hand ECA stack makes me work out like a monster... and u shed some fat also..  protine shakes help while working out too.. small modifications to you diet will help out tredmendously... how often do you work out and how many reps sets, ect.. heavy or light?? If you change the workout sced that may also help without even taking anything.

Gine2D

If you need testosterone, do not take it in pill form.  

Get a doctors prescription for a compounded bio-identical testosterone gel that is applied to the skin.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
John, I am aware that you just got you gyne removed by surgery. If you mess with your hormones it could come back. I wouldn't fool with it.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Testosterone converts to estrogen so artificially elevating your testosterone would increase your estrogen levels as well which could stimulate your glands to grow.
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I am taking a product called ZMA. Zinc is good for lowering estrogen levels... so I have read anyways....

John.

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
Bambu, i have my masters in fitness education and am currently one of the conditioning coaches for the NBA team the Indiana Pacers... any supplements from the store for building muscle are practically useless as you will uriniate it out. Steroids are proven effective but come with MANY side effects...and obviously moobs.
You will be able to get enough protein from your foods if you eat healthy meats, try to avoid chicken and pork, have more fish and beef.
Also, if u are taking natural supplements which provide you with nutrients that the body is required go for it, they will not only make you healthier on the whole but will help you in endurace

Mark
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 03:18:31 PM by jalen_rose5 »

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Actually, there is an anti estrogen supplement you could take.  It does increase your muscle and give you a better workout.  It's called rebound XT and while it's not up until July 15th, I've heard good things about it.  I plan on ordering it and trying it as soon as it starts shipping.  Also, there have been results taht it reduces gyno (probably minor gyno) but it's worth a shot to anyone who is desparate.  I do reccomend that you read up on it more if you plan on taking it, there aren't any side effects really but a little reasearch won't hurt.  

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/design/reb.html

^there's the link for the product.

Offline N2BB

Would taking testosterone pills help in building muscle?

Where would one get testosterone pills? Pharmacy? A GP?

TIA...

John....

Do  not bother  unless you have been working out serious for a long time and have reached your genetic potential! Most are useless but there are a few brands that are highly effective and are absorbed in other ways then the liver so the bioavailablilty is high... Personally I would recommend not to touch them, if your willing to and ready (working out HARD for x amount of yearrs with a strict diet) some, steroids are actually easier on the body. Gyno is caused by extra test thats converted into estrogen, and your bodys natural testosterone system shuts down when you take an external source, cause high estrogen. I do not know your training status nor goals.. but for bulking take in 1.5- 2gs of protein and 1.5 Gs of carbs per bodypound. Hit the weights hard and heavy! Don't mess around with body altering supplements if you dont have to! I am in the process of getting my nipples reduced so I can compete in a Bodybuilding competition, hopefully it will be worth it!

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
hey bambu. you've helped me a lot in these recent days regarding contacting surgeons, and a plethora of other useful information, so as an amateur bodybuilder by hobby, here's my two cents.

i started lifting weights at the age of 17, i am now 19.. and i think at this age, i shouldn't (and i realized, that i did not) have any issues with testosterone levels. i started working out without any supplements, and packed on muscle just fine.. however, in january '04 i started taking a protein shake right after my workout.. that helped a LOT.

at my gym i've seen people who have gotten into lifting weights after they are 40 + ..... and they're doing fine! even though their testosterone levels are where they were 20 yeears ago, with a proper diet, in addition to proper training, they're doing great.

personally, i would recommend 'whey protein' to just about anybody. first of all its 100% natural (extracted from cow's milk, and its one of the best, might even be the best, protein out there.)  i would recommend that you get Whey Protein from 'Muscletech' its called "Nitro-Tech" i believe it is the best whey protein in the market; on side note, it is more expensive than the other ones out there. i have used whey protein from Ultimate Nutrition, Optimum Nutrition, Pro Lab, and our canadian brand called 'PVL'... everybody keeps on talking to me about Nitro-Tech and i have seen the results on a few friends.. I'm waiting for my 5 pound contianer of protein to get finished, after which i'm switching over to nitro-tech.. either way, whey protein (be it from Muscletech, or GNC) will do anybody who is planning to put on some muscle, very good.

i have read about your very very busy work shifts.. how often do you get to work out? 3-4 times a week would be perfect actually.. make sure you take 1-2 scoops of whey protein right after you work out.. usually you can mix it with water,  but personally - if you mix it with skim/2% milk it usually tastes wayy better (pretty much like chocolate milkshake).

a lot of packign on muscle is purely diet-oriented. eggs are really good for putting on muscle.. and if you're not looking to put on an unwanted poundage (as in fat) then concentrate on eating lean protein, such as skinless chicken breast, lean turkey, lean beef.. eggs. and don't completely eliminate the carbs, proteins are the building blocks of muslce but  carbs are the stuff that actually do the building..

theres a lot of pills/other supplements out there. however i don't see the need to take anything else than whey protein.. you could try creatine cycling.. or take amino acid capsules (Max Fuel, by Ultimate Nutrition) - that will help you in muscle recovery.

but yeah, those were a few thoughts on supplements.

one thing that i would highly recommend is Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding"

its the most comprehensive bodybuilding encyclopedia.. i hear sylvester stallone has published his bodybuilding memoirs called "Sly Moves" - planning to get a copy of that sometime soon.

hope this helped.

Offline ibarumah

• Posting Member
you should read the box better.
nitrotech contains creatine

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024