Author Topic: circumcision in adults!!  (Read 14847 times)

irish lad

:'(     im twenty years old just been to my gp(doctor) was having trouble in the last two months pulling back my foreskin and sex is getting painfull in certain postions >:( >:(...yep yep you guessed it he told me il have to be circumsised a condition called phimosis happens to about 3 in 10 men where the foreskin is getting stuck to the glans....   

im getting pretty nervous as im booked in to have my op in 2months just wondering is it really that painful in adults and also has anyone here been circumcised when they were an adult or teenager???

and is it true sex is better?? ;D ;D(serioulsly)! ;D

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
OUCH! Damn that sucks. If you were getting your foreskin cut off, wouldn't it be painfull just to walk around?
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

irish lad

doc said it wil be more sensitive than painful for about 2weeks then everything will be fine..no sex for 3-4weeks either after it which isnt great :

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
That's what I mean, sensitive, as in so sensitive that it's a little painfull.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is it true sex is better?? ;D ;D(serioulsly)! ;D

'For you' I'm assuming....

Prolly not dude.... a circumcised p.e.n.i.s would prolly be less sensitive than one that is uncircumcised. Therefore, less enjoyable....

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Interesting topic in a gyne forum.

Irish lad, I assume you're in Ireland.  It's interesting that Europeans and Americans treat circumcision in an entirely different way.  It's pretty much the norm in the US, but most Europeans don't get circumcised.  I have a buddy from London who swears that it's a huge mistake to get circumcised, because of the decrease in sensitivity of the glans.  I'm a doc, but not a urologist, so I don't see this in my practice.  But it stands to reason that epithelium (skin) that's almost always covered (by foreskin) will be more sensitive when exposed to the elements  ;)  than skin that's always exposed.

Regarding circumcision as an adult, my dad was circumcised while in the navy.  He had the same problem you did, and he was encouraged to get the procedure.  It went well, but the swelling with this kind of surgery is intense, and he said he was quite popular with the nurses on the ward as he recovered.

Anyway, if your doc thinks you need it, better take care of it.  And here's a thought:  Although penile cancer is rare, it does occur.  It's almost unheard of, though, in circumcised penises; almost all cases are in uncircumcised penises.  :'(

Good luck!

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=16338.msg113990#msg113990 date=1229130160]
And here's a thought:  Although penile cancer is rare, it does occur.  It's almost unheard of, though, in circumcised penises; almost all cases are in uncircumcised penises.  :'(

Good luck!

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

Damn, I think I just crapped myself.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=16338.msg113990#msg113990 date=1229130160]
...and he said he was quite popular with the nurses on the ward as he recovered.
[/quote]
that kind of company could lead to surprise discomfort in sensitive recovering areas!  :D
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

irish lad

ok thanks for the help guys...

its going to be my second time under the knife now and second time getting anasthectic gyne and now circumcission!! >:(.... and il prob be going for more gyne surgery in the summer as im still not happy with my chest..

as regards to circumcission in europe yes your right doc its not common at all infact i know il be the only cut person in my group of freinds and teamates through various sports so it will be a big thing when i hit the showers after a match!! but it has to be done no question about it i havnt been enjoying sex for around 2months and my girlfreind knows this..masturbation is fine its just the wear and tear of the foreskin during sex

as far as the sensitivity of glans will sex e better or worse etc... il just have to wait and see because im hearing mixed things

cheers

Offline d-s-m

• Posting Member
I was circumcised when I was 24 (29 now) due to phimosis, always had problems with sex, masturbation....etc, sensitivity has decreased slightly and I also have a bit of an uneven scar where the cut was made but thats getting better over time.

I dont regret having it done at all, I only wish I'd had it done when I was younger.

Also, if you google about, I know there are various creams and stretching devices that can open up you foreskin more without the need for surgery, I suggest you speak with your gp about this first though.

irish lad

cheers bud... ye my gp told me that creams will not work in my condidtion and circumsission is only option..ye i woudnt be too bothered about a scar or loss of a small bit of sensitivity because at the moment sex is painful(uncomfterable) so anything would be better than the way it is now.

im looking foward to it .. pain wise how bad was it?? and how long for your recovery??

thanks much appriciated ;)!

Offline d-s-m

• Posting Member
the first week after the op was kinda painful, my male thingy looked in a pretty bad way for a while  :o the worst thing is getting used to having a permantly exposed head as its extremely sensitive in the beginning, especially when your walking around, running is a total no-no for a while......as I remember it took about 2-3 months for everything to go back to normal so longer than i expected, your recovery may not take as long as this tho.

Offline charlie1821

• Posting Member
The upside on being circumcised is that girls find it asthetically more pleasing than an uncircumcised penis.

That and there will be more friction for the females thanks to lack of foreskin, AND you should have increased stamina/longer time before ejaculation because of the decreased sensitivity.

On the downside circumcision causes the layer of skin that is constantly exposed to somewhat "die" due to constant rubbing against underwear etc.

Basically it's good for the girls, a little less sensitive for you, but should be good overall.

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
with regards to how sex feels like, i see it like this........circumcised is like intercourse with a condom, and uncircumcised is like intercourse without a condom.
probably a terrible way to look at it lol

but at the end of the day, circumcised sex is going to feel way better than the uncircumcised sex you've been having for the past couple of months

irish lad

thanks for the comment cleared up a lot of things!!

i actually cant wait and as you said
helloHello is right anything is better than it is now!! its very uncomfterable

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024