Author Topic: My success story -- Thank you, Dr. Pope!  (Read 11618 times)

Offline orlando20

• Posting Member
It's been a year, maybe two, since I've had my gynocomastia surgery.  My plastic surgeon was Dr. Pope, who I (thankfully) found through this forum, and is located in Orlando, FL.  I am extremely happy with my results, and highly recommend him, as well as his practice.  He, and his entire staff, are all incredibly nice and professional.  His website is http://www.orlandoplasticsurgerycenter.com/.  If you live in the Central Florida area, definitely check him out.

My (brief) story:
I developed gynocomastia while in middle/high school.  I was miserable, embarrassed, and extremely self-conscious.  I refused to be seen without a t-shirt on, even though my case was limited to puffy nipples, and my relationships with others -- especially those of the opposite sex -- deteriorated.  To make myself feel more "comfortable," I wore two t-shirts, and when that didn't work, I used heavy duty tape (ouch) and/or bandaids.  Unfortunately, this continued until my third year of college when I finally built up the courage to contact Dr. Pope's office to undergo surgery.

Overall, the surgery wasn't too bad.  I believe Dr. Pope removed some of the extra breast tissue I had, and he also may have done some minimal liposuction.  After the surgery, I didn't experience much, if any, bruising.  Also, I don't remember the exact level of pain, but I definitely was prescribed pain medication (that I didn't finish), and was ultimately able to go back to work (at a law firm) within a week or two.  However, once everything's over, it's extremely important that you remain patient because the final results won't be immediate.  It's also very important that you follow your doctor's instructions.  It will be very worth it in the end, though.

Anyhow, I don't have any before pictures (sorry), but my gynocomastia was somewhat similar to this:

And, here's what my chest looks like now:

Oh, and if this matters: I'm 22 years old, weigh 156 lbs, and am 6'2".  Also, I don't go to the gym very often, but when I do, I only do cardio.  I don't lift weights, or do push ups, which is why my chest is so flat.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment and/or PM me.  Good luck to everyone who ultimately decides to go through with the surgery, and congratulations to anyone who already has.

Offline tatt2guy

Looks good. You mention to be patient and wait for results. How long did it take till you were happy with the result? Im now 11 weeks post op and suffering with a lot of things that people are describing here. Puffy nipples, creases and im still swollen on both sides.

Offline orlando20

• Posting Member
Hey, sorry for the delayed response. 

I'd say at least several months, possibly even a year; however, I'm sure it depends on the person, as well as the degree of their surgery.  Like I said, my gynocomastia wasn't really that severe, but I do remember having gone through almost everything that you've described -- including the nipple crease.  I also remember having to have several hematomas drained, as well has having to religiously massage away scar tissue.  Recovery will be a roller coaster sometimes, but once your body settles down, you'll be happy that you went through with the surgery.

Best of luck to you!  :)

Offline samkilty

• Posting Member
Hi, i'm sort of new here, just had a few questions.
First of all, it looks really good! I'm impressed, you must be happy. You mentioned massaging, i am only 4 days post-op and getting the sutures out on the 26th. I intend to start massaging almost immediately after the sutures are out. How soon did you start massaging away scar tissue and such? Also, was your creased nipple stuck to the muscle? If so, how did you fix that problem? Because you certainly look great today. Thanks a lot!

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
wow great results..im thinking of going to Dr. Pope as well bc i am in florida..may i ask how much u paid for surgery? you could send me a direct message if you feel more comfortable talking about it. thanks

Offline orlando20

• Posting Member
Hi, i'm sort of new here, just had a few questions.
First of all, it looks really good! I'm impressed, you must be happy. You mentioned massaging, i am only 4 days post-op and getting the sutures out on the 26th. I intend to start massaging almost immediately after the sutures are out. How soon did you start massaging away scar tissue and such? Also, was your creased nipple stuck to the muscle? If so, how did you fix that problem? Because you certainly look great today. Thanks a lot!

First, thank you! And, I am happy. Very happy!

I don't remember exactly when I started massaging, as my surgery was so long ago, but I would go by what your personal doctor recommends.  However, I don't believe I started immediately after my surgery because my chest was pretty sore for a couple of weeks.  Also, yes, my nipple crease did seem to be stuck to my chest muscle, but it eventually went away after a couple of weeks/months.  I didn't do anything to fix/remedy my nipple crease -- it just went away on its own.  To be honest, I don't even remember when it went away; I just remember having it.

After the surgery, your chest/nipples will likely go through a series of changes (some good, some bad), but eventually everything will settle into place.  It's very important to be patient, which will be difficult at times -- especially after having to deal with gynecomastia and wanting so badly to have a "normal chest."  In fact, I remember right after my surgery, I had to go back to the doctor's office two or three times to get blood drained from one or both side(s) of my chest (not his fault -- it was just my body's reaction to the surgery).  It was not fun, and was incredibly frustrating!  Also, I went through a number of chest braces because of my being incredibly lanky.

It's a bumpy road, but if you follow your doctor's instructions, as well as keep up with your chest massaging when you're advised to do so by your doctor, and (most importantly) remain patient, you will end up wishing you had done the surgery sooner -- I know I do.

Good luck, friend! Sorry it took me so long to respond -- I don't get email notifications for some reason.

Offline orlando20

• Posting Member
wow great results..im thinking of going to Dr. Pope as well bc i am in florida..may i ask how much u paid for surgery? you could send me a direct message if you feel more comfortable talking about it. thanks

Thank you! I definitely, definitely recommend Dr. Pope -- he's a great guy, a great doctor, and a great surgeon (and he also frequents this forum/answers questions [I believe] on occasion!).  He, and his staff, made me feel extremely comfortable.  His practice is also very nice.  Oh, and I PM'd you about how much I paid overall.

Good luck!

Offline samkilty

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot for your answers!

Offline orlando20

• Posting Member

Offline zbstats

• Posting Member
I'm also interested in the price! similar case as you and Pope is a definite option for myself.

Offline banditrc

Thank you for your post.  I too am interested in this surgeon and would be very interested to know what the cost of the procedure was for you.  Thanks again!

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
Hey man, not entirely sure if you'll see this message because I know it's a REALLY old post but if you happen to read this I have a question. I'm 8 weeks post op and not too happy with the results so far. I was just wondering when you were going through recovery, was there ever a time where you felt like you made a mistake or that you felt the results weren't going to get better?

I'm only asking cause you said being patient was the hardest part, and believe me I agree haha. I have that whole crease thing too where it's like stuck to the muscle. Hopefully it goes away. Anyway, your results look awesome man, congrats.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024