Author Topic: hello all I'm new  (Read 3619 times)

Offline xgi

• Posting Member
Hi marty here from NE michigan and I'm a workout junkie. I weight training with light weights and am a cardio freak ;D

I do 4 days cardio and three lifting. I try to take days off but I feel so guilty that I usually do something light or take the dogs for a long walk.

I was 322 and now down to 195 with 19.5 body fat trying to get it down to 15 but I'm 49 so don't know if that's possible or not. Good site chat to you later.......m :)
You want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans for tomorrow.

Kids who hunt,fish and trap don't mug little old ladies

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Sup Marty.  It's good to see people at your age still working out as there aren't very many like you.  Very impressive you brought your weight down from that number but working out isn't everything.  Ever check your diet?  Diet, cardio, and weight lifting is key things for losing weight and you might be neglecting your diet.  Post back; tell me what you usually eat.

Offline xgi

• Posting Member
I did mostly low carb to loose most of my weight . I still do a low carb lifestyle but have modified it a bit. I don't eat much red meat as before but stick with skinless chicken fish and venison. Oatmeal is my main breakfast with eggs once or twice a week.

Lots of salads and peanuts as well. I try never to eat after 6 pm if possible. One of my things is green tea and water. I go through about 1.5-2 gallons a day. No processed sugar for me and lots of fruits. No sodas.  I haven't had a soda in over three years. No booze as well  The only fast food I eat is when I'm bird hunting ;D

Well I'm off to walk the dogs........m :)

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
I also do low carb diet with lots of exercise. I lost 16 kg (2.5 stones) in 4 months. its lovely but you have to know what you are doing otherwise you can harm your health.
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
I personally hate the low-carb craze mostly because while yes you are losing weight, you are losing so much other stuff like energy and muscle.  You feel and become weaker and while you look skinnier and are losing weight, there are better ways to diet.  Nothing wrong with red meat if you are afraid its too much fat, get lean cuts and eat in moderation.  That's all dieting is, moderating the amount of food you put in your body.  What time do you go to bed? There is nothing wrong with a late night meal as long as its not purely carbs.  Limiting carbs later at night is better than limiting carbs at alll, there's really no reason to go low carb but I guess if it worked it worked.  If the low carb thing isn't working anymore try something new, switching up diets is always good as it changes your metabolism and stuff.

Offline llbean24

• Posting Member
Your diet depends on how much you exercise too.  I weighed 205 with a 21% bodyfat and went to 215 with a 12% bodyfat in a short amount of time while eating 4500 calories a day.  Cardio every other day, weight lifting for 3 days on 1 day off.  About 50% of my calories were from protein 30% from carbs and 20% from fats.  All that protein went straight the guns  ;D.

Offline xgi

• Posting Member
I really don't call it a diet but more of a lifestyle change. Kinda of like that saying" Get busy living or get busy dieing"  I have the long lean muscle and not wanting huge rocky type arms but I do like what I see in the mirror ;D Got into my 34 pants yesterday and just about need a belt for them.

Man bean 4500 caloried a day Hey that would take me 2.5 days to eat that LOL no really your right protien does go to the guns as well. Good luck at all......m ;D

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
Protein isn't going to make you "buff" per say.  It isn't some miracle nutrient but it does help in a lot of stuff.  Muscle building yes, which leads to more fat lost.  The more muscle, the easier it is to lose weight.  Don't hafta be buff at all but it helps a lot.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024