Author Topic: The best food?  (Read 4975 times)

Offline extreme

• Posting Member
What is the best food, in your opinion, that is healthy yet taste great?

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Fruit. I love oranges, melons and mango's especially.

But remember you need a balanced diet.

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
I eat a lot of skinless chicken breast. Low fat- high protein.

Oatmeal is great also.  Good complex carbohydrates and it's got protein.

Another thing i LOVE is natural peanut butter.  It's filled with EFA's (essential fatty acids) and protein.

But yeah, you need a balanced diet.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Cottage cheese, natural peanut butter, and some splenda.  It is by far the best tasting meal of my day.  I eat it before I go to bed.

Offline ASRel

• Posting Member
Cottage cheese, peanut butter and sweetener? Umm.. you put that on something right? :)

My favorite is Sushi (although can be a little expensive, it depends where you live)

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I love a big juicy steak, minus the fat. Huge amount of protein, and will pack on the muscles. I wouldn't have too many though, as if you are trying to lose weight it could be a bit counterproductive.

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
Good old fashioned pork and beans.  Oh yeah.  High protein and fibre.  Love the oatmeal too, but I feel the beans are a suped up version.
Also hit up a lot of the tuna/salmon, peanut butter, V8, and milk, rye bread and low fat deli meats (chicken, ham, turkey...)  And eggs.  Eggs are fantastic.
These form the bulk of my meals and carry me through a fairly high intensity workout regimen.

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
Oh yeah, should mention I'm on a budget.  All those foods are great for one in a financial tight spot.  MUCH cheaper than those delicious steaks...

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Cottage cheese, peanut butter and sweetener? Umm.. you put that on something right? :)

It's my bedtime meal everynight.  Has great amount of protein and healthy fats.  Great for reducing muscle loss throughout the night :)

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I've been taking plain oats in the morning for the past year and that has really help me cut down on my body fat.  It keeps me full longer because it is complex carbs and I'm having breakfast (I usually didn't eat breakfast).  

You can't go wrong with fruits and veggies.  I'm a big mango, apple, orange, brocolli, celery and carrot guy.  I had 4 of the 6 with dinner last night (didn't have any orange or apple).

Skinless chicken breast with some bbq sauce on the side.  Good source of protein.  I tried salmon recently and although I'm not a big fish eater, I can probably get use to salmon one or two nights a week.  

Anything whole wheat is what I've switched over to.  That means bread, pasta, burrito shells, rice and flour.  I don't eat a lot of bread but when I do, I make sure it's whole wheat.  I have to admit, the whole wheat stuff took a while for me to get use to.  When I first tried whole wheat rice, I didn't like it but still ate it anyways.  Now I can tolerate it.  

Last but not least, water.  It is something we consume so I'm going to count it as a food.  Water has done wonders for my health.  I feel healthier when I drink it so I know mentally, I'm feeling better.  I don't drink the large dosage that everyone says I should drink but roughly two 500 ml bottles a day.  If it's really hot, maybe 3 or 4.  

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
I've been taking plain oats in the morning for the past year and that has really help me cut down on my body fat.  It keeps me full longer because it is complex carbs and I'm having breakfast (I usually didn't eat breakfast).  

This man speaks the truth, I too have become an oatmeal addict. Just add a little bit of honey, microwave it and mmmm tastes perfect.
[ photos ] :: [ diary ]

Offline b-boy

• Posting Member
Just to add to this...

Try eat 5/6 meals a day. You could even split your lunch/dinner in two. Each half 30 minutes you usually would and the second portion an hour or two later.

I love to have a plate with a mix of food. I tend to have a can of tuna & sweetcorn (mixed with red onion, ground pepper and balsamic vingar), a sliced pepper, two boiled eggs, some cous-cous, a little cottage cheese, three cherry tomatoes and some green leaves (rocket/lambs lettuce)

I try to have this as a meal every day but change the content a little

[By the way, I wasn't sure if this was just a general question or whether you wanted advice on food, I just thought I'd give me 2 cents]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 06:19:41 AM by b-boy »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024