Author Topic: My new life starts in Poland NEW PICS ADDED  (Read 8404 times)

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

Thought I would come on here and say a little something.  Reading everyones stories has been a big help to me in making a decision to finally bite the bullet and have surgery.  Don't know whether I am allowed to mention the name of the clinic but I have been emailing a guy called Jeremy and I am just in the process of arranging the date.

Every thing seems a little surreal atm, been living with gynecomastia since puberty (13 years now) but surgery always seemed like an expensive and drastic option.  Sort of accepted that I would have to live with the issue. The last few weeks I have finally decided leave these problems behind me and really start living my life, I think gyno stops you being the person you really are and weighs you down with a social paranoia which has lost me many friends down the years.

So, thought writing a few things down would help me to get through this process.  It would be good to speak to anyone else who is maybe having the procedure some time in the next 6 weeks.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:41:04 AM by Redman_85 »

Offline dodge_1234

• Posting Member
Hi Redman,

I'm thinking along the same lines as you at the moment. I want to get it sorted this year too, preferably as soon as poss, and I'm also thinking of Poland. There are some useful posts and threads to read through from others who have already gone as well.

I've just made my first post over in the User Photos section.

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Update:

Deposit down for surgery, booked in for 16th March.  Flying out on 15th and staying in the Ibis. All together flights and hotel plus breakfast cost me £240 so less than I was expecting. Going for the no fuss approach, just get it done and get on with it. Had a bad nights sleep the other night thinking about surgery but I think I am excited more than anything now.

Offline f22

• Posting Member
Paid my deposit for March 30th and booked flights :) Can't wait to get it over and done with.

Offline isambard

• Bronze Member
redman_85 and freddie22 congratulations on your decisions and good luck with surgery. I'm sure you're lives will change significantly (for the better) after the operation!

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Thanks Isambard.  Glad you got it booked Freddie, shame we arent there at the same time. which hotel did you go for? Wish it was next week for me these 5 weeks are gonna drag. Told work yesterday, so I am clear to have 2 weeks off but I need to get a doctors note. Wonder how I will convince my doctor that I am actually having surgery??

Couple of questions for you post-op guys...is it advisable to be in the best shape you can be before surgery? Not very fit at the minute.  Also, I have heard people mention gel strips / bio oil is good to have for after surgery to keep scars to a minimum, any advice?

Offline f22

• Posting Member
I'm going for a budget hotel called pokoje integro, it's only about £16 per night, but I'm a poor student :-\ Did you book your transfers through Jeremy? I can't speak for the other guys but I think it's best to get in the best possible shape before the op. I'm in pretty good shape at the moment so hopefully once the swelling and scars go down I'll be able to whip my shirt off proudly! :P

Offline isambard

• Bronze Member
Redman, you are advised to be in relatively good shape but also be at a realistic weight that you think you can maintain after surgery. If you have the surgery and then put on 10 kilos because your previous weight was unsustainable then you won't be in a good position. Having said this you are allowed a little bit of flab going in to the operation. I personally was about 6 kilos over my ideal weight when I had surgery. I am slowly loosing it but such a weight difference won't make a tremendous impact (if at all) to the final results. I think if you were 15-20 kilos or more overweight then they might have told you to loose weight first before surgery.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:10:09 PM by isambard »

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Less than 4 weeks now till surgery, have questioned a few times whether I am doing the right thing but if I can get the results some people on this forum got then I have not doubts it will change my life for the better.  Told family the other day, they understand but asked to see my chest and said they couldnt see anything wrong, makes you feel a bit crap because I now want people to notice the gyno to justify my decision!

I just wish I made this decision 8 years ago, I remember going see an NHS consultant and nurse about gyno and they just laughed it off and said it was fat on my chest.

Either lies or incompetence...

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
With 3 weeks to go till surgery, thought I would throw some pictures up here so you guys can see what we are talking about.  Although my pictures seem to be way too big a file size to get up here, any ideas?

Offline f22

• Posting Member
Cool, would be interested to see. Upload on photobucket and then post a link. I will be starting a thread soon to document my whole story and will put up pictures real soon.

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Hi folks,

Still havent got round to posting any pictures but promise I will at some point, although it may be after surgery now.  One week today, excited and nervous.  Dont think I am too worried about the surgery, its silly things like the blood test, cannula, drains hanging out me for afew days that I aint keen on. I have paid the rest of surgery cost up front now, so its all go really.

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Well folks,

Got to my hotel room in Poland, surgery tomorrow.  Had one hell of a morning because I have had a bad cold, although hopefully it should of cleared by tomorrow.  Here at the Ibis Hotel, the room is a bit cold and clinical, literally.  Its freezing in here and the heating doesnt seem to do anything.

Only been here and already feeling a bit lonely and home sick.  I think the thought of not getting back home till next tuesday is a worse feeling than surgery tomorrow, wish I could just have it and come straight back. 

I'm too soft

Offline f22

• Posting Member
Nice to hear your update, please keep posting! Hope your cold clears up before the op and just hold out mate! It'll all be over before you know it and you'll be flying home with your fresh new flat chest.

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Thanks for the support Freddie, it definitely helps.  It seems easy reading peoples stories on having surgery and thinking it will be a breeze, I really appreciate how brave everyone has been doing this because I am nervous as hell. 

Its funny how your mind works, I can recall many times lying in bed prodding my nipples just wishing the lumps away, but now the day has come a part of you wants to wimp out.

Expecting Jeremy to call in the next half hour then its off for blood tests etc.

Speak in a bit

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024