Author Topic: This is too weird  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I was following a thread on another site the things god rather weird, but then? Read on.....

Presuming that mankind at a future date were all killed of by some kind of catastrophic event. Then presuming that Aliens from another planet found their way to earth. They find a collection of clothing and four anatomically correct lifesize dolls.

Noting the difference in anatomy: The lower garments with a center seam would probably be place on a female. The skirts would be placed on the dolls with dangly parts between their legs. The fitted tops would go to either gender based upon breast size, The straight tops would be distributed to the flat chested dolls. Jump suits would be placed on the flat chested females and dresses would go on the males with enlarged breasts.

In short, our clothing styles make no sense at all.

I warned you that it was weird.
Grandpa Dan

Offline xelnaga13

Nice post. I enjoy looking at the items in life that we usually just accept from a different angle.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I was following a thread on another site the things god rather weird, but then? Read on.....

Presuming that mankind at a future date were all killed of by some kind of catastrophic event. Then presuming that Aliens from another planet found their way to earth. They find a collection of clothing and four anatomically correct lifesize dolls.

Noting the difference in anatomy: The lower garments with a center seam would probably be place on a female. The skirts would be placed on the dolls with dangly parts between their legs. The fitted tops would go to either gender based upon breast size, The straight tops would be distributed to the flat chested dolls. Jump suits would be placed on the flat chested females and dresses would go on the males with enlarged breasts.

I warned you that it was weird.

Of course they don't.  They were not designed to make sense.  The entire idea of bathing suits is ridiculous as special clothing to go swimming in and sit around in wet and clammy and rash forming all day.

Kilts make good garments for medieval battlefields.  Crotchless undies under layers of dresses and petticoats made good sense in otherwise ridiculous clothing.  And men wear decorative nooses around their necks all day. 

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
I agree about the nooses, although I'm starting to like them as an accoutrement to my outfit.

I would love to wear a kilt though.

hammer

All my life I have had three ties! The one I got to be a pall bearer for funerals, and the two I had as part of my military uniforms. Once it became acceptable to dress in business attire for funerals I ditched that tie.

I could see a kilt being comfortable on hot days and semi hot days and have not have anything binding!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hammer,

I'm at the other end of things on ties.  I have hundreds of them to go with every style and color and width and cut for whatever period suits and lapels and shirt collars and all that I might wear.  Like Jackie Gleason I had to have clothing for everything between 170 and 325 pounds which depended upon what my nutritional deficiencies were and things like that.  Complex metabolic problems of unknown cause which had wide swings of weight and composition for unknown reasons were a bitch. 

Wearing a dark grey 3 piece suit in Salt Lake City with a herringbone wool overcoat I was frequently called "bishop" (LDS) as I had accidentally adopted a local dress distinction.  I found it funny as I was tantric priest and not LDS at all and they would have totally choked on the tantric priest bit.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Oddly, I rather like neckties. I have a collection of such number that though I have a rotation system I cannot wear them all in one year. My collection has several categories and many are cartoon characters some are seasonal. It is not unusual for me to start the day wearing one tie and end the day wearing another. The truth is that I only wear ties, or a suit for that matter, at church events.

I wore a Utilikilt on an off season camping trip a few years ago but haven't had the nerve to wear one away from home otherwise. It is a very comfortable garment if you forget that it has pockets and keep them empty. I think I'd like to have a garment with pockets like the inset pockets of a pair of slacks rather than the cargo pockets of the Utilikilt.

hammer

I looked at what a utilitykilt was online, and that is a lot of money to spend on something to wear only one time!

They look like they would be comfortable but as I said, that is a lot of money!

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
As far as kilts go, In Portland, Oregon we have Stumptown kilts. They are adjustable in the waist, which is nice. The utilikilts arent as friendly.

I also have found that keeping the pockets as empty as possible makes for a more pleasant experience.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The Utilikilt was a gift, so for me the price was not an issue. It was from a fqmily member who was with me on that trip. It was worn almost constantly for two weeks. Very comfortable, but the cargo pockets are more a niusance than an asset.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024