Author Topic: To Admin of this site  (Read 2946 times)

Offline rajkaran

• Bronze Member
While logging in, I have been denied access and had to answer 2 questions in order to ensure that I'm a human :(

Why does it happened? And i'm a real human with feelings and probably that's why I'm affected because of this Gyne.

Also I have been asked to visit a site projecthoneypot.org. can someone clear me what's happpening here?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am not a site Administrator but I do know the answer to your question.

Hackers will try to sign in to every site ther is in order to plant their malicious probrams. So some simple puzzles have been devised that a computer cannot solve. Well at least not yet anyhow. You must solve these puzzles in order to sign in. It is not meant to keep people out or to make things difficult for people. It is done to help keep the site clean of malicious programming.

By the way, Welcome aboard.
Grandpa Dan

Offline rajkaran

• Bronze Member
Hi, thanks for the explanation :)

I checked the site projecthoneypot.org and it says my ip involved in minimal spamming since last 1yr. But the fact is, I bought this laptop just 2 months back. Mystery!

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
Hi, thanks for the explanation :)

I checked the site projecthoneypot.org and it says my ip involved in minimal spamming since last 1yr. But the fact is, I bought this laptop just 2 months back. Mystery!

What bothers me is when an administrator flags an particular IP address as being banned or for spamming but they don't realize that people have dynamic IP addresses which mean that your ISP may assign you a different IP address at random times or even if you reset your router/modem.

Its like when you get a brand new cell phone with its own new number but you get calls from bill collectors because they think you are the person who last had that phone number.

You have been found guilty by circumstantial information.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Keep the same number on your phone and you can avoid that problem. My cell phone has used the same number for about 15 years. What is funny is that while my phone number and area code have not changed, I have not lived in that area code for a long time.

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
Keep the same number on your phone and you can avoid that problem. My cell phone has used the same number for about 15 years. What is funny is that while my phone number and area code have not changed, I have not lived in that area code for a long time.

I forgot why but for some reason my cell phone company would not all me to keep the same number.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024