Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Ostrowska-Clark - Szczecin - 14/12/15  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Leedoe

• Posting Member
Dear fellow sufferers,

This is my first post on this forum. I joined not so long ago (cannot remember when), but I have been following the various threads here about gynecomastia surgery for some time, paying specific attention to results of surgeries conducted in Europe.

Since my early teens, I have suffered from gynecomastia and I have wanted to get the rid of my man boobs. I tried dieting which helped but did my moobs were still visible, even when I only weighed 58kg and was super skinny everywhere else on my body. It was during my mid 20’s that I decided to do something about it. I attempted to have it done through social security in Denmark (where I am from), but the two consultations I had with plastic surgeons make me somewhat uncomfortable. The first surgeon would do it, but wanted to make a rather large incision, which would leave visible scarring and the other said she could not feel any glandular tissue or fat and said my gynecomastia was nothing more than excess skin, so she couldn’t help me. Because I didn’t have any money at the time, I decided to wait.

Now that I am 31 and make a decent living, it was time to have the surgery. In less than two weeks, I will be in Poland having the surgery done by Dr. Ostrowska-Clark, who has many kind reviews on this forum. I can’t wait and I feel prepared, having read probably every post about this surgeon on this forum, but at the same time I am a bit scared to go to a foreign country! Also, there has recently been a few bad posts about Dr. Ostrowska-Clark, but since she has conducted over 150 gynecomastia operations, I guess it is expected that a few surgeries don’t turn out well.

Anyway, I decided to post here as a kind of blog to let you know how it works out for me. I will post some before and after pictures of the surgery and update you along my journey of getting rid of my man boobs. I can’t believe I am finally getting it done!!

Cheers,

Offline Leedoe

• Posting Member
Like I said, I have included some pictures I sent to the surgeon, so you can see the extent of the gynecomastia. These pictures are a few months old and I have lost a few kg since then, but there is not much difference in terms of the gynecomastia.

I will upload some pictures before the surgery. If you have any questions just let me know.

Offline needtogetrid

Good luck mate, look forward to seeing the results. There are a lot of positive posts on her work here.
I have to get this done myself sooner or later!

Offline Leedoe

• Posting Member
Thanks mate,
I am now at the Atrium hotel and getting the surgery done tomorrow. I looked at my chest in the mirror just a few minutes ago and realized it would be changed forever in just a few hours. I will upload some photos as soon as possible.

Cheers, 

Offline Leedoe

• Posting Member
The operation went well. Tomek picked me up yesterday morning at 9 am. He called an hour before, so that I would have enough time to get ready. We went and got blood tests done. He then dropped me off at Atrium hotel afterwards. He picked me up at around 2 pm and I did an ultrasound before going to the -- clinic.

I was very happy to see Dr. Clark there to greet me. I noticed two things about her personality immediately; competence and warmth. She made me feel welcome and I felt I was safe. The rest of the staff was also delightful.

The next 45 minutes I spent going over the surgery and potential complications with Dr. Clark, paying, taking a shower, shaving my chest, and finally going into the operating room. I met Adam, who would be my anesthetist for the day. He said it would be a bit painful to get the IV into my arm, but it wasn't that bad. I asked him when I should expect Dr. Clark to come to the operating room....

The next thing I remember is waking up an hour later and feeling somewhat disoriented. When Beate (the nurse who took care of me after the operation and throughout the night) helped me get from the operating room to the recovery room, I remember telling her a lot of stuff, but I don’t recall what I said. I don't even remember which language I spoke, lol!

They had already wrapped me up very tightly before I woke up and I was still very numb in my chest from the local anesthesia. Beate told me everything had gone well and told me that Dr. Clark would talk to me after she finished operating another person undergoing gynecomastia surgery. An hour later, I had a talk with Dr. Clark about the surgery; she said everything went well and that she would change my bandages the following day. The rest of the day/evening/night/next morning I spent trying to sleep, getting various refreshments from Beate (such as the famous ham/cheese sandwich), getting pain killers, getting antibiotics through the IV and being monitored. Even though the compression strap was uncomfortable, the IV irritating, and sleeping on my back close to impossible, I felt happy to be there and happy I went through with the operation. I really helped that Beate was so nice to me throughout the night.

At around 1 pm the following day, Beate and Dr. Clark changed my dressings, took out the drains (which was painful) and put the compression strap around my chest again. Before they did, I had a sneak peek at what the result might look like in the near future. I was so happy to see my chest looking like an actual chest J Sure, there was swelling, some blood and stitches, but I got a good idea about how everything will turn out – So far very happy with the result!

After this I put on my clothes and packed my things. I got detailed instructions about the medicine I will be taking the next days. Tomek drove me to the pharmacy and helped me buy the medicine, and I arrived at Atrium at around 2-3 pm. Since then I have been taking it easy J

Tomorrow Tomek will pick me up at 11 am to go change my dressings again J

Hopefully I will be able to post some after photos soon, but it will probably be a few days before I am allowed to shower and change my own dressings.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:38:30 PM by Leedoe »

Offline Leedoe

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone, 

It has been almost 8 weeks since the surgery and it is looking better day by day. I still have some swelling and some scar tissue on my left side chest, but I expect that to go away over the next couple of months. I have enclosed some pictures for you guys taken 6 weeks after surgery (I see this is the standard). 

My experience was very good and I received excellent care. I can definetely recommend Dr. Clark to others who are thinking of getting the surgery done. If you have any particular questions just let me know (either here or by PM).
Cheers,

Offline Jab123

• Posting Member
Hey bro your results are awesome! Im booked in to go there real soon. How are thing's looking now?
Thanks 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024