Author Topic: Love Handles  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Does anyone have any good recommendations for exercises to tone up the love handles and the lower abs, besides cardio?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:26:14 PM by Achilles »

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member

Well, many people say you can't spot reduce, ie do abs exercises and lose fat in that area. Personally I disagree but I don't have real evidence   to back it up. I do sets of incline situps as fast as possible,  at the mo three sets of 40 five times a week.. And I have a six pack now.

I also do long runs four times a week now of say four miles that could also account for no love handles. ;D.Weights and circuits are good too if you do lots of reps for fat burning.  diet is key too for a toned midsection, stay off the junk. I do a combination of all these routines and it works although it took me months to lose them. Abs and chest are pretty difficult to get all the fat off. As men naturally  deposit a bit of fat there.

You will hear about all those fancy routines but really it comes down too a lot of sweat and tears at the gym ;D  

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
get a weight ball those big things, put your lower back on it and lean all the way back down the ball do sit ups like that

40 3 sets i already seen major improvements, works all the abs too!

first time i did it it hurt for a week

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Does anyone have any good recommendations for exercises to tone up the love handles and the lower abs, besides cardio?

I think what Worrier
says could make some sense, but i know I have them and it is hard at a certian age to lose that part of your body....I have gotten smaller their from excersise and good diet.......

Just keep at it

All the best 8)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 09:22:23 AM by crow »
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline Danosaur

• Bronze Member
Think about it, if you want to tone your biceps do you do bicep curls 40 reps as fast as you can?  No, you do 8-10 reps at a high weight, lifting heavier when you can.

The ab muscles are the same as any muscle in your body.  People get 6 packs by doing a million sit ups; they burn calories which makes the 6 pack pop out.  The best way to get abs/lose love handles is by doign weighted sit ups, anythign weighted will be good.

You cannot spot reduce.  You do body weight excersizes and burn calories, you burn alot of calories doing squats and sit ups and things like that.  Lots of people do too much cardio and start to lose muscle along with the fat and lose weight, but stay flabby.

So to answer your question, I would do your carido, keep up with your weights, just to maintain what you have.  And do weighted sit-ups along with your weight work out program.  You should look up barbell work outs.  All compound excersizes they are really the best.  

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
Think about it, if you want to tone your biceps do you do bicep curls 40 reps as fast as you can?  No, you do 8-10 reps at a high weight, lifting heavier when you can.

The ab muscles are the same as any muscle in your body.  People get 6 packs by doing a million sit ups; they burn calories which makes the 6 pack pop out.  The best way to get abs/lose love handles is by doign weighted sit ups, anythign weighted will be good.

You cannot spot reduce.  You do body weight excersizes and burn calories, you burn alot of calories doing squats and sit ups and things like that.  Lots of people do too much cardio and start to lose muscle along with the fat and lose weight, but stay flabby.

So to answer your question, I would do your carido, keep up with your weights, just to maintain what you have.  And do weighted sit-ups along with your weight work out program.  You should look up barbell work outs.  All compound excersizes they are really the best.  

DING,DING,DING we have a winner

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024