Author Topic: Exercise schedule post op  (Read 3323 times)

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I am 5 days post op and wondering when people went back to working out after lipo of chest, flanks and abs?  Especially distance running.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Lifting= 6 weeks
Running= 8 weeks

I think I saw you write that down in another thread.  I was hoping someone would tell me ifferent.  Why 8 weeks on the running?  Did you try before and feel pain, or were you just trying to be safe?  I was contemplating running a marathon at the end of October, but I could never miss 2 months and still do that.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Yeah, I guess I will have to deal with it.  The biggest problem is, I run with two large groups, so if i miss that many weeks, people will start to pressure me.  It is how we keep ourselves honest.  One guy misses, everyone sends him an email asking what his problem is.  So, I already told them I pulled a muscle, I guess I will have to pull a few more:)

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I got to tell you juice, everyday I wake up I feel like I am very close to being able to throw the shoes on and hit the trail.  By the end of the day I feel different, but this morning I feel like I am about two days away.  I will take it slow and take peoples advice, because I would hate to damage something.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
How comfortable are you jogging in place? That should be a good test of whether you're ready to go out and run.

I have to tell you that I wasn't very comfortable even at week 8, so I took it very slowly. You may be a little different, but I'd ask my surgeon if I were you.

You know I haven't done anything, becasue he told me for up to 12 days there is still a remote chance for bleeding and he also says that the Vaser techniques goes through a tightening phase from 12-15 days, so I wouldn't dream of doing anything until after 15 days.  But, I wil start with a treadmill, so  I can stop immediately if it doesn't go right.  I even have an eliptical machine, so I may start with that.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024