Author Topic: skinny everywhere except stomach- please help  (Read 7724 times)

Offline nomis

• Posting Member
I am 19 years old. I used to weigh 185 lbs and am 5' 7". I am now extremely skinny except for my stomach. (aside from my man-boobs) It almost has a sort of "pregnant" look about it. I do 30 min of cardio a day plus toning exercises. I do not drink alcohol or eat junkfood. I have been exercising for almost 4 months and have seen little improvment. What am I doing wrong? any suggestions? I really need to get rid of this

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno

Offline nomis

• Posting Member
actually, I did some research on the net and found something very interesting that I feel i should pass on to anyone with a gut. There is a muscle called the TVA muscle in your stomach. It actually holds everthing together. if you exercise it, it will tuck in your stomach nicely. If you are fat/were fat this muscle is most likely very weak and doesnt "hold it all in" like it is supposed to. I just started doing it all day yesterday, and my stomach is almost fixed. thanks for the help, though!

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
im not sure im reading this right
you've been excercising your stomach for a whole day and now you almost lost your gut?

Offline nomis

• Posting Member
to the user above: I stated that I have lost a lot of weight and my stomach really sagged out and looked chubby. Keep in mind that I am already really fit and thin and have been doing a lot of exercising. It turns out that the muscle that keeps your stomach from looking flat was really weak in my body due to my past obesity, giving me the appearance of a fat sagging belly. After strenthening it all day (you can do it while standing, walking etc) my stomach was really able to retain a nice shape to it instead of letting it "all out" I dont know how well this will work if you are overweight. Do some research onthe TVA muscle yourself at: http://www.factspace.com/web/show/idkw_544/Diet Thats where I found it! 8)

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
oh and you did that all day? i tried it but after a few minutes it gets kinda hard

Offline nomis

• Posting Member
yes, I actually did it all day. It was really hard though but it really paid off

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
 just lose the fat man there is not spot reducing.if u dont see improvement in fatloss decrease calories up cardio.

Offline Danosaur

• Bronze Member
Maybe your sucking in?

I have no idea what your talking about on how your gut can look better after 1 day of working it out.  With out pictures I dont believe it.

Offline nomis

• Posting Member
no, it did not fix it right away but it really did make a difference. and I did it all day, like for 6 hours. Im still doing it now. (plus other exercises as well, like cardio and crunches) did you read the article? im not making this up, man. I could show you new pics of myself but I got rid of my old ones. That exercise says it helps tuck in your gut, a problem I had due to my past weight of 185 lbs. Im now down to 130ish, so you can see why my gut looks kind of funny. I'm sure if you dont do any exercising and drink a lot of beer and whatnot it wouldnt do anything, but if you are slim like myself and have a gut im guessing it would work as well as it did for me.

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
i think its just the cardio and diet that does it also the fact that you suck in you abs.

Offline ocelot

• Posting Member
sucking your stomach in can make the gyno more apparent.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024