Author Topic: Hydroxycut/Lipovarin?  (Read 4455 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Anyone try these products?  Are they any good? Are they a waste of money?

TIA

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
the old hydroxycut with ephedrine worked pretty well for me...

i haven't tried the latest formula. personally, i never found those supplements to be very effective at fatloss. i think a lot of people think they can simply continue with their regular diet and excercise (or lack thereof) and just pop a pill and lose weight -- that just doesn't happen.

it's probably effective at helping to blunt hunger so that one can get through the day on less food without feeling as deprived. used in such a manner these supps can be quite helpful

Offline neato

• Posting Member
They all claim stuff like 25lbs in 12 weeks... which works out to 2 lbs a week...

The fact is that a person can lose 2lbs a week fairly easy if they take the time to do the science behind weight lose.  Just have to take the time to calculat BMR, approx daily output, proper meal planning etc.  In theory fat loss is like the simplest thing, just burn more than you eat.  It just takes patience to list out what you're eating and doing the science behind it.

So my vote would be a waste of money because you can get the same thing, by yourself, for free--with a little planning.

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
I tried hydroxycut and its garbage. I dont trust these pills. U gotta remember these pills are a HUGE business.
They dont care if u lose weight or not. Its all about the money coming in. Just lose weight the natural way or get liposuction.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Guys...

Thanks for all the replies...

Yeah, me thinks sticking to a good healthy diet and exercise is best.

John.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:48:42 AM by Bambu »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
jologs1, What kind of excercise and diet were you doing along with it?  Does it make you burn more fat, or does it really just curb your appetite so that you don't want as much?  I stood in the GNC for 30 minutes looking at that stuff before I finally gave up and walked out undecided.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 09:47:55 AM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Mr_Nip

I've been on Hydroxycut for 5 days now with not much results.  I do feel full all the time and a little wired like drinking coffee all day.  Maybe I'm eating less, but don't know.  Is there a waiting period before seeing bigger results?  I took half doses for 3 days per the instructions and have only been on the full dose for a couple of days now.   ???

Offline Mr_Nip

Never mind.  I gave up that junk.  Cutting down on carbs works better than Hydroxycut.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024