Author Topic: Mammary gland growth after surgery?  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Pbr259

Hi,
I'm 26 yo and had gyne for 4years. on the 19th of January 2015 I had a surgery to my both breasts. In the right breast (that was really worse than the left) they extracted 15g of gland+lipo, and on the left breast only 3g no lipo. The days after surgery the two breast were really even dispite the bruises on the right one due to lipo. 
After surgey I immediately started the lymphatic drainage and did it for a long time. 
First month after surgery: NO more signs of gynecomastia and no lumps in any of the breasts. Started the gym.
Second month: From a day to another started to feel a lump behind the left nipple, first just a small lump and days after it started to grow from the left part of the nipple to the right part.. and has grown until now (4months after surgery)
what I can see on the mirror: The left breast that before surgery I wouldnt notice that it had gyne now looks terrible, I have a big lump behind the nipple and can see it clearly. Sometimes it hurts sometimes dont.  The lump It's  really really hard when I touch.
Is it possible that The gland has grown so fast after surgery???
What should I do? Any opinion?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Be patient.  Immediately after the surgery you will briefly see the finished result. Then post operative swelling sets in and it appears that you went through surgery for nothing.   It can take time for that swelling to diminish and it may be weeks or even months before it is totally gone.   In time, it will go down and you will again have the same result that you saw right after surgery.   It simply takes time to fully heal.  How fast you heal is a very individual thing and some of us heal faster than others.  The skin heals over quickly, but the underlying tissue takes considerably longer. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline terre

• Bronze Member
It could be scar tissue.

Most doctors here (if not all) insist that liposuction should be used in this type of surgery aswell as gland excision, or atleast loosen the skin somehow with the lipo cannula, so that it will re-drape.

I hope it gets better, good luck!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
What you are describing would mimic the growth of scar tissue.  Scar tissue usually takes a few weeks after surgery to get started and continues for about 12 weeks -- then it subsides slowly.  Sometimes, if it persists, it may require a cortisone injection to settle it down.  Best advice is to speak to your surgeon about your concerns.  He knows what was done during surgery and how much, if any, gland was retained.
Good luck!
Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024