Author Topic: gyno came back after surgery  (Read 6467 times)

Offline danielb0101

• Posting Member
ok i cant belive this could be happening. i just had surgery in chicago 2.5 months ago, in the beging everything was ok, 1 month after surgery it came back just the way it was before. it is the most depresing thing it could've happened. now i dont know what to do. do  i go for another surgery again , or just live with it for the rest of my life. does anyone sugest any alternatives to solve this, or anyone gone through something like this before. thanks Danny.

Offline GQguy

• Posting Member
Your hormones are off balance. You must see an endocrinologist first to rectify your hormone issue. It is possible for a recent gynecomastia to recede with hormone treatment. I think your case falls in this category.

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
Could be scar tissue as well

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Breast tissue very rarely re-grows, particularly in 2 1/2 months.  Assuming your gyne was stable for a while and that you had no underlying endocrine or other problems, then what you have is most likely scar tissue.

Would return to your surgeon for evaluation and follow up.  IF it is car tissue, it may improve over time and with some massage.  Alternatively, some injections of cortisone could be helpful.  But your surgeon is the person to discuss this with you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline danielb0101

• Posting Member
ok i just went to my doc and he told me that i'm not healed yet and its scar tissue. I don't know what to belive now, because its been 3 months since i had incision and lipo. it seems to me that its got worst since i posted, i'm going for a second opinion next week just to be sure. Anyways i'm posting pics taken today 3 months after surgery. sugestions and feedback is greatly apreciated.

Offline xelnaga13

This is the reason why im running anti estrogen medication for now on. I have had 2 gyno surgeries thus far.

Offline danielb0101

• Posting Member
i now seen a few different docs and some tell me its scar tissue some tell me there is still some breast tissue there. the doc that did the surgery told me just to wait, but now its been 4.5 months and the scar tissue has now gone away. i was just wondering if scar tissue ever goes away or do you need to go under the knife again. I'm getting so many different answers from the pros that i dont know who to believe, thats why i was wondering if anyone maybe had or heard of a case like mine. Thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have to sit down with your original surgeon and question him about how much tissue he may have left to prevent cratering.  Gyne is an artistic operation -- you have to know how much to remove and how much tissue to leave.  If he says that he took most of the tissue and if you were originally flat and contoured after surgery, then more than likely the return of objectionable tissue is scar tissue -- and scar tissue can usually be treated with cortisone injections rather than more surgery.

DR JAcobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024