Author Topic: Letrozole  (Read 2360 times)

Offline blaze

Does this drug get rid of lumps under nipples?

I heard it does. I have a smallish lump under each nipple, and was thinking about running a course of letrozole to see if it got rid of these lumps.

Will it work? There seems to be differing views on this. Some say it does, some say once you have a hard lump under your nipple it wont go away except through surgery.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
THis is an anti estrogen that is used in breast cancer. The only time that I have know something like this to work is in the early growth stage. If you have had it for more than 18 months and it has stopped growing i very much doubt that it would work.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
Letrozole is an Aromatse Inhibitor (AI).  Many bodybuilders use this throughout their steroid cycle to keep estrogen at normal levels - this inturn prevents estrogeneous side effects such as bloat, water retention, and GYN.  Like Merle said, it is unlikely to work if your GYN has been around for over a year or so.  I have used Aromasin and Arimidex, and while it did prevent further gyn, it didnt do much for the gyn that I had from puberty.

I would recommend getting some blood tests first to see if elevated estrogen is in fact the problem causing your gyn.  Without it, you're trying to fix a problem, without knowing the cause which could be a waste of time and money.  Also, AI's can mess with your lipid profile, so you'd want to get regular tests throughout the duration.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024