Author Topic: At last! no more gyne! (Philippines)  (Read 50405 times)

Offline hellwithgyne

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm posting to share my story and help other men like me who had this problem called Gynecomastia.

I had gynecomastia when I grew fat when I was a teen. I am now 25 years old I think I started to have this when I was 12.
It really made my life miserable. It lowered my self-esteem and going to the beach or the pool half-naked is a no-no.

Other boys would tease me by touching my "Man-breasts" and then laughing while I was left with an empty smile to hide the embarrassment.
I would then wear big clothes and lean forward to hide it. Over-time, my posture worsen to the point that my GF was then calling me "Kampanerong Kuba".

It gotten to the point that I became paranoid that every time my GF would tease me I would get mad and scream at her.
And every time I was at the pool and my t-shirt got wet that I kept thinking that other men are looking at my chest and then laugh.

But I never thought that I will live like this forever. I researched, I even tried this drug "tamoxifen" I got it from another site, it is for women with breast cancer to I think dissolve the breast tissue. But the side effect were your eyesight will be blurred. I kind of felt the tingling in my chest so I thought that it is effecting but it is not. I stopped it because my eyesight is worsening. To this day, I don't know the effect of that when I grow old.

I only resorted to the drug because I still don't have the financial capability for a surgery. As much as possible I don't want to spend money for my condition.

And then it finally hit me that the only cure is surgery.

I went for help to my parents but they did not understand me. Till my aunt talk to my father to give me money for the operation.
I took some guts because they can't help laughing from my condition, again, the empty smile to hide the embarrassment.

I went to the most obvious place for aesthetic surgery, Belo.

I think I paid 36k for the operation, I consulted the doctor and he told me that he will do Lipo. He said all I need is lipo, Although my research tells me of different types of gynecomastia and mine was fat and gland, but the "doctor" told me that all I need was lipo.

So off I went for Lipo. I wouldn't discredit the job that belo did to me because it gave me SOME confidence because it minimized my gyne.
But after a few years, I began to notice that my chest is still not flat and all the effort I put in lifting weights is not working. I would often just look at my chest in the upper-half because when I look in the lower half the illusion will be broken.

So I began researching again.

Thankfully I saw the posts of Sadgyneguy about Dr. Benny Herbosa, of his work, and the cost of the operation.

He was the cheapest and with the most positive feedbacks from the posts that I was reading.

So I emailed him and he replied.

He was very accommodating and he understand what I was going through, so i went to his clinic in makati med for a consultation.

He was different from the doctors in belo, He really knows what his talking about and how he will do it. And basing in the procedures that I researched on how "really" to operate on gynecomastia, what he is saying is the same.

Unlike in belo, they didn't even know what a gland is. All they know is Liposuction. They even suggested to me on "tummy tucking" the breast sort of like a breast lift! @&%#!

After the consultation, I began saving for the operation. It took me I think 3 months (sorry if I'm always not sure, I have a bad memory) to save up. the operating cost got higher but I was expecting that because of how long I saved up for the operation.

I had my operation just today at 7am at Humana in Makati, were operating room cost is cheaper.
I just had local anesthesia because Dr. Benny said that is all that is needed and is much cheaper.

He is not even into money, he just wants to help. He even told me that I could pay him the balance the next month because the cost just got higher and all. He didn't even count the money when I handed him my down payment. He's a real nice guy.

The operation you will get is first grade. That is my opinion but it won't hurt you if you visit him and try and asses for yourself.

I am now writing this so I could help everyone with the same condition and the same trauma that I went through.

Not being able to do things normal men could do. That just sucks man!

All in all, The one motivation I always say to myself going through all of this is

"I'm just trying to become a normal man."

Just that. and never ever give up.

Have a nice day!

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
Good luck in your recovery! :) would you mind posting post and pre op pics?

yes Dr Benny is really a nice guy...

Even after my operation he told me he could do revision in case there will be glands left.. I'll be visiting Dr Benny tomorrow...
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline hellwithgyne

• Posting Member
Hi Sadgyneguy!

Yeah! I will be posting pre-op and post op pics as soon as I get them from doc.

Just want to say Thanks to you bro!

If it not because of your posts I will not be able to know doc benny!

Thanks again!

I was at his clinic just this morning and he said I was now OK!

I'm really very thankful! I'm now looking forward for the summer because doc said I can now lift weights when I thought I still need a month or 2 to heal and being able to get to shape again would take me about 3.

Offline hellwithgyne

• Posting Member
This are my Glands.

The bigger one is from the right chest.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
This are my Glands.

The bigger one is from the right chest.

wow... that's huge... sayang di tayo nag abot kanina. nagpunta din ako ng morning sa kanya...

btw, do you still have the glands with you? maybe you can put some measurement reference like a ruler like this para maimagine namin yung size nung glands?

Offline hellwithgyne

• Posting Member
di ko na kinuha bro e. pero kasing laki ng palad ni doc.

kasi sya na nagpakita sakin e.

para nga akong natangalan ng malaking malaking tigyawat e!

yung sayo ba? kumusta?

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
ok lang  naman ako... medyo struggling sa scar tissue at loose skin... :( nagwe weights ako ngayon para mag tighten yung loose skin sa chest ko...

kamusta na yung sa yo?

Offline hellwithgyne

• Posting Member
Loose skin? yun nga din ang iniisip ko e kasi medyo malaki tong sa akin.

sa ngayon may maga pa sa loob ng chest ko kaya parang may laman pa sya pero yung left side nagsa-subside na yung pamamaga.

kaya lang parang loose skin din magiging problema ko. may pic ka ba ngayon?

payo ko na lang sayo kung mag we-weights ka. try to develop your back and shoulder para mahigit yung loose skin. mahirap kasi magpalaki ng chest. 

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
isa pang problem ko is scar tissue...

nagagalit na nga gf ko kasi nawawala na daw yung leeg ko dati sa shoulder exercise, panget na daw tignan hehe ;D ;D ;D sabi naman ng nanay ko parang highway na ang likod ko hehe :D i guess concentrate ako sa chest... matagal ko ng di nagagamit ang bench press ko hehe :D

Offline hellwithgyne

• Posting Member
ay talaga? hehehe! my nakita akong link e. tungkol sa loose skin. check mo na lang http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/louis13.htm baka makatulong.

pero nakakapag hubad-baro ka naman ngayon?

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
di pa ako nakakapag hubad baro... medyo di pa rin ok for walking naked sa labas heheh, pero anlaki ng improvement na ... may scar tissue build up sa ilalim kaya nagpoprotrude tuloy.

kamusta naman sa yo bro? thanks sa link.. helpful yun.. :)

Offline hellwithgyne

• Posting Member
Kumusta Bro?

pasensya na ngayon lang ako nakareply.

Ito na pic ko bro

Post op dec. 23, 2008. minutes before the actual operation.

Offline hellwithgyne

• Posting Member
ito 2 weeks post op and latest

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
Hi hellwithgyne, musta na scar mo and recovery?

Offline hellwithgyne

• Posting Member
ok naman bro...

matigas pa pero konti na lang compared nong bagong opera pa ko... I'm hoping for the best..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024