Author Topic: My Gyne Journal  (Read 1995 times)

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
So I'm on my way to finally getting rid of my gyne and I'd like to share my experience with you all, cause i know how helpful/encouraging other's stories have been for me.

Anyways a little about myself. I just turned 20, first developed gyne when I was 12...been a long eight years needless to say. I've been through it all, the teasing, the girl troubles, the daily struggle to hide it, as we most of us have. My gyne has impacted my life in more ways than I would like to admit, it actually makes me angry to think about all I have missed out on. But anyways, enough of the sob story.

On the the good stuff. Friday I had my first consultation and boy was I nervous! I actually almost wasn't going to go, but I decided that this was too important. I got to Dr. Cohen's office and when I met the receptionist she was extremely nice and friendly (and surprisingly not awkward). Then I met Dr. Cohen and he immediately made me felt even more comfortable. He talked to me about how my gyne has affected me, etc, etc. and was extremely understanding. He then walked me through the procedure and was very honest about the surgery. He seemed very knowledgeable about the surgery from everything I have read on these boards and all the research I have done. After taking pictures and discussing my case a bit more, I met with another very nice woman who quoted me for the sugery --- $5800.

So, if all goes according to plan, I will be having the surgery late may/early June and will be ready to live my life how I choose come next semester. I will be posting pictures up in a little bit as well as updates for when I will be having my surgery. So don't be shy to comment here or ask me any questions or whatever.

One question though, perhaps for you doctor's or those a little bit more knowledgeable than me. Dr. Cohen said that puffy nipples are the hardest thing to control in gyne surgery, and involve a bit of luck. Is this true? I mean all of the patients on his website have flat nipples and everything. He also seems pretty experienced...he said he's done thousands of gyne surgeries in his practice.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Good luck!  Looks like you're definitely on the right road and you're doing it the way it should be done by going to a surgeon with lots of experience.  Don't be afraid to ask the doctor what you asked here about the puffy nipples.  If his comment made you feel insecure about something, ask him to explain and ask what his expectations are. 

Be sure and ask to see more pictures if you feel like you haven't looked at an adequate sampling of them.  He should have them.  In fact, you might ask him to show you examples of guys whose gyne was similar to yours, and ask him to show you the "before/after" pics. 

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
Ya, he showed me a couple people who had VERY similar cases to me and they both had flat nipples in the end so i dunno. Its just the only thing that he made me feel kind of nervous about.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
that puffy nipples are the hardest thing to control in gyne surgery, and involve a bit of luck. Is this true? I mean all of the patients on his website have flat nipples and everything. He also seems pretty experienced...he said he's done thousands of gyne surgeries in his practice.

I am concerned when he talks about a little bit of luck involved in puffy nipples.  Luck has nothing to do with treatment of puffy nipples -- skill and experience do.  If indeed he has done thousands of gyne operations, then treatment of puffy nipples should be routine.

I don't want to rain on your parade -- but you should specifically ask these questions of him.

You might also want to obtain a second or third opinion from other Plastic Surgeons -- just to be sure of your choice of surgeon.
Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024