Author Topic: Operation with Mr Vijh on the 18/06/2018  (Read 15407 times)

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Sounds like it couldn't of gone any better then.  Fingers crossed mine goes the same way but I believe mine is a grade 2.  I'll try and take some photos on Sunday night prior the OP, chest marked up on the Monday and ones afterwards. 

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Yeah I think you should be fine. I believe grade 1/2 generally have the best post-up results. Thats not to say you cant get good results from the op if you're above that though.

Yeah that will be cool, will be interesting to see someone else go through the process with Mr Vijh and the priory. All the best for your op if I don't message you before then. 

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
In priory hospital waiting for pre assessment now. Nervous even for this so wonder how I will feel on Monday!

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Ha ha, today will be easy.  I'll be the same come Monday when I'm catching the train to Birmingham for the OP.  I'm hoping I'm in and out and don't have to wait around for 3/4hrs...  I don't have much luck so we'll see.
Really anxious on what the outcome will be.  I believe he said I'm a grade2b so I could have some wrinkles near my nipples but he said it should go.  It's out of my hands now so what will be will be.  I just wished I had the OP sooner when the left chest lump wasn't so big. O well.
Might see you in the waiting room on Monday around 12:20pm then :-) 

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
Pre assessment all done. An hour all in all as nurse was running a bit late with her last patient. Height, weight, blood pressure but also an ECG as i have a bit of an irregular heart beat so they said will run it by docs to ensure safe for anaesthetic. 
Looking forward to Monday although need to buy a dressing gown as didnt realise they suggest it because your arse hangs out and not for comfort. No idea what grade i am although he may have mentioned. I just remember him agreeing that mine was worse than some of the examples he showed me. A bit nervous as nurse mentioned you walk to the operating room. Was hoping to be sedated in my room then wheeled in. Seems like a big build-up and im already slightly anxious. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Yeah dressing gown and slippers as you need to walk.  I agree, knocked out in the room would of been my preferred option. I'm just hoping I don't have to wait around for hours waiting...  Shame I didn't have an option for an early morning appointment.  I've read that they shave your chest and armpit hair so I'm going to do mine this weekend, first for everything.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Bag packed, chest shaved, pre photos taken. It's not until you take some photos of yourself you realise how bad your chest/body is.... Really nervous on the operation and outcome now after seeing my photos.

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Good luck friend!

You'll be fine in the hands of Mr Vijh and the priory staff. I hope you're happy with the outcome, see you on the other side. 

Offline Mk1991

• Posting Member
This time in 12 hours you'll be feeling like a new man! Best of luck

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
No doubt I am just as nervous as you if not more so! But there is also a lot of excitement in there too i think. 
Bag is packed. Having a final coffee and drink of the day. Now wondering whether there is a TV in the room so I can watch the England game! Or whether ill be unconscious and miss it!
Haven't shaved my chest but might do so if it will speed things up. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys.  I'll be catching the train around 10:30 and arriving just before 12:30 if public transport doesn't let me down again. 
I believe there is a tv, remember someone posting a picture the other week of their room with a small tv on the wall. I thought by shaving my chest it saves them a job on the day.
Very anxious and will be more once on site.  O well, no going back now.

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
On my way to catch a 10.40 train. Very excited now as spent this morning looking at before/after pics for other peoples ops and not many who have issues. Took some last minute before pics as didnt really have any and knew i may regret it or not appreciate the final results unless i did. 
Waves of anxiety keep coming over me. Really hoping they give me some feel good drugs before I have to walk through to the OR. 
Can't wait to be on the road to recovery and have this all behind me.

Offline Mk1991

• Posting Member
Chest hair isn't a problem, it's your armpits that he shaves and it itches like MAD growing back through!

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
O right, I took the whole lot off. O well, it's done now.

How's your recovery going?

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
Already in my room. Turned up way too early. Extremely nervous now :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024