Author Topic: Thoughts???  (Read 2351 times)

Offline dublin13

• Posting Member
This article states that 80% of those who quit Finasteride will lose their gynecomastia...does anyone else know about this?  Or could verify?  It's the paragraph or so under 5 alpha reductuse:  I've been off Fiansteride for about 2 months...just wondering if I had a shot of losing this mild case.

Here's the article...HYPO, what are your thoughts?

http://urology.jhu.edu/prostate/treatment2.php

Offline Hypo-is-here

I can only comment on the men that pass through this forum who have developed gynecomastia as a result of taking finasteride.

I have never heard of gynecomastia resolving after finasteride use by anyone that has come through this site in two years, and there have been many men who have arrived here in this manner.

It is possible that this is a somewhat skewed result but I can only report what I have seen.

What I can do is pass you on to another source that may help you further.

http://www.propeciasideeffects.com/

I believe there is a forum attached to the above site.

Let me know if that site/forum is helpful in any way.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As I understand it, timing can be critical. In the case of Adult onset Gynecomastia due to side effects of medications; If the offending medication is withdrawn soon enough, the Gynecomastia often does diminish.

Note the qualifiers "If" and "Often".

I would suspect that two months is a bit early to tell.

The bad news is containted in your opening sentence "80% of those who quit Finasteride will lose their gynecomastia." That leaves 20% for whom the condition is permanent.

Obviously we hear from those who have a problem and not from those without a problem; but I have some problems believing their numbers.

From my perspective, Finasteride is really nasty stuff.  
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024