Author Topic: Had surgery yesterday  (Read 5256 times)

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Hammer, if I had to be awake for something like that I think I'd barf all over the surgeon.  You may not be able to feel quite what they are doing, but you can HEAR everything... :o  I'm quite happy to be put under for my gyne surgery let alone something like a full knee replacement.  I bet Rollcow agrees LOL!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Rollcow

• Posting Member
Id rather be asleep.  I have seen nose jobs on tv with hammers and chizels.  Put me to sleep.  I dont need to see any of it, especially on me.  I didnt have drains put in place and I think that has a lot to do with bruising.  But pain is gone now.  Two tylenol aday now.  As long as I dont overdo.  The worst part of hole thing is having to sleep on my back.  Im 28 and probably26 years ive slept on my side and stomach.  Been hard to adjust.  Worth it though.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Ya, I'm a stomach sleeper too, and it's going to be tough.  A good tip I heard of though was to sleep in a lazy boy chair if you have one.  It will help you resist the urge to spin over to your stomach while sleeping. 

Offline Rollcow

• Posting Member
I can promise you will wake up when u start to roll over.  I did sleep on sectional for three nights. But I wake up everytime I start to roll over.  Its not a good feeling. 

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I'm about to know exactly what you mean.  Just got to the hotel after my surgery about an hour and a half ago.  I'm all propped up with pillows and such, but overall, pretty comfy!  We'll see about tonight though  ;)

hammer

Congrat's Shaknbake! you will need a new user name now LOL! If you have pain, use the meds if you got them. I know for a fact it gets better with time no matter if you had a tooth pulled or knee replaced, back surgery! Time does heal.

Bob aka Hammer

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
shake n bake, you finally got the surgery?  post a new thread to share your experience. 

as for the meds, before my surgery I was convinced I wouldn't need them.  about 4 hours afterwards, i was already popping them.  hope everything turned out well.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Hi Morpheus!  Yup, I'm on the other side now   ;D. Just laying in bed at the hotel right now recouperating.  Rollcow, you're right.  I woke up every time I had the urge to roll.  Luckily, I didn't do anything bad while sleeping for the first time since.  My back is a bit sore from laying for so long, but I'll get up shortly for a quick stretch.  I have to go back to see the doctor today at 11, then I'm on my way home.  I'll post my whole experience when I'm back on my computer at home.  A bit of a pain doing this on my cell!!  Keep an eye out you guys under the Canada section as "My experience so far with Dr.Lista". 

Hammer, what do you think of this new name......USEDTOshaknbake!!   :D

hammer

that works, but mite as well keep what you have, we would have start all over to get to know you! LOL

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024