Author Topic: behind puffy nips  (Read 7148 times)

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
When you guys with puffy nipples, push your finger into your nips, do you feel anything hard?  I feel nothing.. just like air??

Offline Swenip

• Posting Member
Im post op so i only have very little gland left ( what i can tell :P). But when i did have puff nips (had big ones). I didnt really feel like a hard stop. I could push my finger rly deep into my chest. One thing u can do to feel the gland is i placed my thumb and one of my fingers above and under the nipple and then pinched my chest, starting with alot of flesh between my fingers and working my way out to the nipple, and on the way i could definately feel a lump.

Before i found out about this website i didnt rly notice any gland since my nipple felt air-filled and the gland was kinda hard to feel if i didnt know what to look for. Im not sure but i think the gland can be mixed with fat so it can still cause puffy nipples but you cant feel any gland (rly not sure about this one so dont take my word for it).

DrBermant

When you guys with puffy nipples, push your finger into your nips, do you feel anything hard?  I feel nothing.. just like air??

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia.

The puffy nipple consists of fat, gland, skin, and sometimes scar.

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.  This Gynecomastia Picture Gallery of Puffy Nipples begins to show some of the various problems patients have called "puffy."

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique that adapts to the problem found during surgery to minimize such issues as residual deformity after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline MSJ108

I have puffy areolas when I am not cold or my areola are not stimulated by touch. I have almost no gland that can be felt. However, my doctor told me that once some of the fat is removed he may find some glad that is contributing to my puffy areola condition.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Dr. B, thanks for your reply post.  But to be honest, I don't quite understand what it means.  Could you please explain in simple terms for me.

Secondly, could you kinldy answer another questions as well.  Should a person who bench presses stop working out before scheduling a gyne surgery?  I'm asking because I assume the extra muscle would make it harder to operate.

Thank you kindly,
Sam

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024