Author Topic: do i have puffy nips  (Read 6103 times)

Offline willo102

do i have puffy nips nt sure

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
have u got any pics then?

Offline willo102

pics will be up very soon thanks

DrBermant

do i have puffy nips nt sure

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public phrase for gynecomastia. 

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.  This Gynecomastia Picture Gallery of Puffy Nipples begins to show some of the various problems patients have called "puffy."

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique that adapts to the problem found during surgery to minimize such issues as residual deformity after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction Surgery

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thats great info dr Bermant! i think i am suffering form puffy nipples to. im booked to have surgery soon.

but i find it really weird how my chest can look normal when cold etc and then look droopy etc. does this normally mean like u say above that there is a small amount of soft gland there? as i cant feel nothing hard.

also when i push my nipples in that seem to make the appearance better, so it must be directly underneath the areola im thinking.

thanks for any replies

DrBermant

thats great info dr Bermant! i think i am suffering form puffy nipples to. im booked to have surgery soon.

but i find it really weird how my chest can look normal when cold etc and then look droopy etc. does this normally mean like u say above that there is a small amount of soft gland there? as i cant feel nothing hard.

also when i push my nipples in that seem to make the appearance better, so it must be directly underneath the areola im thinking.

thanks for any replies

Examination of the Male Chest alone will not define the elements of the deformity.  Although gland tends to be firm and fat soft, I have seen soft gland and firm fat. There is a thin muscle just under the skin that can flatten puffy nipples when stimulated. However, once that muscle relaxes, the underlying deformity again shows.

Check your doctor's specific skills with puffy nipple gynecomastia before surgery. This is an art form that a doctor should be able to demonstrate specific results.  Good luck on your surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thanks for the reply dr bermant!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024