Author Topic: Surgery in Bangalore, India  (Read 2648 times)

Offline chappu

• Posting Member

Heyy ppl, so here goes my story...

I'm 28 and i have had this conditon as fas as I can remember, for probably more than 10-12 years. I also suffer with Hypo-thyroidism, which means I have the tendency of gaining weight very fast. I used to work out a lot (literally a lot, according to instructors  :) ) but whenever I left Gym for say, a month or so, I wud gain weight again. And with this Gyne, its really discouraging, as you dont see the results for however hard you train in Gym.
I havent been working for last 8-9 months, so i have gained some good weight.

I saw Dr. Mohan Badgandi at Manipal Hospital last year, and after the tests, I was diagnosed with Hypo-thyroidism. He said, this could be because of it, and if I get the surgery done now, it might come back. So he suggested me to take medicines for about 2-3 months, and then get the tests done again. well later it turned out that the Hypo is kind-of life-long condition, so I can go with the surgery to get the Gyne removed, and continue the medicines for Hypo.

I was a bit skeptical about the surgery, but finally decided to go for it (Thanks to Jigupse on this board). After long thinking (almost an year  ;D), I called up Dr. DR Sekhar and had an appointment with him at Nova Medical Centers this monday (25th april 2011). It was a real quick meeting, as I had my questions ready, and he had a look and asked me when do I want to go for surgery. I told him asap, so he asked me back, if I wanted to get it done the same day  ;D which I wasnt expecting at all  ;D
Finally we decided for the Friday, as I wanted to have a weekend break before work. He told me it wud be a Liposuction, which actually made me think a lot. I called him that evening, and explained why I doubted only liposuction, and that the gyne has to be removed. He assured me that he wud make the decision during the surgery, and that I need not worry. That actually was good enough for me.

So finally, after taking a couple of pills yesterday evening after dinner, and then fasting for about 10 hours (without even water), I reached Nova today morning 6:30 Am (though I was asked to reach by 7, I probably was in a real hurry to get the gyne removed  ;) ). The Nurse there, asked me to change clothes, and did a couple of tests (weight, BP etc). I was asked to just lie down, and was also given a tetanus injection. Later, a guy came, and shaved my chest  ;D It looked funny really... (funny part was when he asked me in typical Kannada style, "Gym-ah" and I couldnt stop laughing)
OK, so then Dr. Sekhar came at around 8:15, ,cleaned my chest with some solution and quickly made some markings on my chest. I was then moved to the Op-theatre by 8:30 Am. Given one more injection (not sure what). And then Anesthesia was given. The last words i heard before surgery were, "now you'd go to sleep" ;D and I really dont remember when I closed my eyes.

While I was still asleep,
Somebody: "Sir, you're done with the surgery"
Me: (eyes closed, brain not working, nodded the head)
Later soemtime,
Somebody: "Can you please move to your right a bit?"
Me: (Eyes still closed, Brain still not working, Didnt know where's left, where's right, or what's "left", what's "right"  ;D Somebody pushed me a bit, so I tried moving to the same direction, and then again I dont remember anything.)

Next I opened my eyes was when I heard somebody talking just next to me. I had been moved to the Post-Op Ward, and it was some other patient's relatives who were talking. I still didnt understnad much, and probably slept again. By the time, I came to full senses it was around 12:45-1 pm. I asked nurse to get my mobile and messaged a couple of near ones, who i felt, wud have been concerned.

At around 1:40 pm, I was asked to take 2 sips of water, jsut to check if I vomit. I didnt, so they gave me Coconut water to drink. I had a sore throat, when I asked the Nurse, she said, it will be there, as a pipe was passed thru the mouth (I was like holy ****  ;D)
Then at around 3:30 I had 2 Idlis, which I gulped down like anything, being really hungry by then. I slept for soemtime again. The doctor came at around 4:40, told me that the surgery went well, and I shud see some good results. Wrote the medicines, and then left. After that, my friend came and picked me from the hospital; I wudnt have expected to go back home on a Bike :D but I did, and I was all fine.
As I am writing this, its almost 1 AM, and I do feel some pain in chest, but it shud be, isnt it :) I have the pre-op pics with me, which I took just yesterday, and will share them together with the post-op ones (may be Monday, 2nd May).

Fingers crossed...!!!

Offline chappu

• Posting Member
So, here are the pics ppl... pre and post pics, named respectively. Do respond with what you think about the results.

I am fat, and can easily lose upto 7-8 Kgs. I dont know, I'm kinda confused, not very happy, but not sad either.... do respond pls.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62402273@N03/

Offline sbk79

• Posting Member
you will get the good result 3- 6 month only,

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
just give it time.. the difference between pre-op and post-op is quite huge.. but it already looks good! good on you!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024