Author Topic: 6 month wait because of nicotine, before surgery, does it take this long for  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Dpw

• Posting Member

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
I was told by some of the doctors on this board that you have to quit smoking 2 weeks before and after surgery.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I agree with Steelhead -- two weeks is just about right.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dpw

• Posting Member
I am going through my tricare insurance company, I'm going go set another appt, with the plastic sirgeon, just to question the wait

Offline Dpw

• Posting Member
Update, I'm meeting with my doc to see if he will let me go to a civilian doctor, if not, all this hump mess will have to wait until I finish bootcamp.  M really hoping I will be approved, ill be back around Sep 20.

Offline GQguy

• Posting Member
My flight doc referred me to the general surgeon. When I saw the general surgeon and he mentioned that he'd most likely give me a crater deformity I asked about the option of referring me to a plastic surgeon. He agreed that would be the best course of action. He put the referral into tri-care and they paired me up with a local plastic surgeon. 30 years as a plastic surgeon in Florida. He saw me and agreed to give me the surgery. Now i'm waiting for tri-care to process my flight doctor's request for treatment. They said tricare may or may not ask for pictures of my gynecomastia. I saw last thursday for my eval and my flight doc put the referral in that friday. I'm still waiting for tricare to contact me....or my plastic surgeon to hit me up so I can schedule an appointment. This process doesn't move quick enough!! I know it's free....but I start flight school again very soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024