Author Topic: Insurance dropped us, anyone else out there?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline fedupmom

My husband recently retired and we have to pay out of pocket for an individual insurance policy for myself, my husband and our 18 year old son.  When he was younger, he complained of a large breast, the doctor said it was puberty and would go away by 18.  At 18 he came to us and said it was getting larger and wanted to surgury.  We never had this officially diagnosed and did some research on the internet and saw that liposuction could be an option.  We went to see the lipo doc, and he said he would not do it, that it didn't look like fat to him and he recommended a mammogram for cancer and to see a plastic surgeon.  We had the mammo, and went to the surgeon who recommended we do a combination of surgury and lipo.  He also said insurance may or may not pay for it, but he would submit a letter to the insurance company anyway.  In the meantime we scheduled the surgury, because regardless, for his mental health he needed it.  Today we called to get an update on the insurance claim, the surgery is Friday, and they told us they completely dropped us from Blue Cross Blue Shield as of June 30.  We were never called, never notified, did not have a clue any of this was going on.  After several phone calls, they said it was due to information from the surgeon doing the surgery on Friday, and that we had hid a condition from them and instead of denying the claim, they were dropping us from all insurance care.  We are flabbergasted!!  We are now without insurance, over the holidays, and have no recourse.  We are all three healthy, no previous illnesses and can't fathom why they would do this.

Is anyone out there who has had a similar experience or who can give us some advice!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024