Author Topic: How I kinda hide bra straps and sliders  (Read 3204 times)

Guywithgirls

I'm sure you all know this, but maybe someone who is just getting started wearing a bra doesn't know and can learn from this. I've found that by crossing the straps over, not only do you have to lengthen the straps themselves which lowers the slide keeper deal, but it also brings the straps so they sit between my shoulder blades and spine (a low area), and the slider is sitting in that low area and thus not poking out my shirt. You can still make out the straps when I move just right, but they aren't always in your face obvious. Especially the sliders. Anyone else do this?

Offline JKing

• Posting Member
I have a couple of triangle bralettes that have the “traditional” back closure and straps. I do the same thing, wearing it with the straps crossed. Under a button up shirt they are very hard to detect unless I lean forward with my arms outstretched.

Offline blad

A variation on this that I have a few of is a T back or racer bra. There are seemingly less choice in this area unless you get into sports bras. 

Another concealment strategy is a Rhonda Shear type bra that is more like an undershirt with the back straps that fly under the radar more. But I prefer a more traditional cupped bra over this design for daily use.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline blad

Interesting. Never actually thought about this. I’m curious if crossing over though makes the straps sit closer to the neckline on the shoulders causing the straps to become more visible if the collar moves around?
Definitely more chance for the straps to be visible around the shirt neckline. 

Guywithgirls

Interesting. Never actually thought about this. I’m curious if crossing over though makes the straps sit closer to the neckline on the shoulders causing the straps to become more visible if the collar moves around?
I actually just got a haircut the other day and was wearing my bra like this. When the barber lady was doing my neckline she had to pull my collar back and I had a mini panic attack that I would be exposed, but it didn't feel like she pulled my collar back far enough to see the straps and she didn't say anything. It does for sure pull the straps closer to your neck line, but you would really have to pull your collar down far to see the straps.

So in short, yes it does bring the straps closer to your neck where they could be seen, but with the experience I've had even getting a haircut they are still hidden under my shirt for enough to not be seen. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
they do make a bra accessory for that , its a strap with clips that sits in the center of your back and pulls the straps closer the come in 3 different colors an 3 sizes for strap width helps keet straps from show ing anf most of all stops straps from slipping. I am constantly adjusting mine need to get these

Busted (and happy)

Seems like a real pfaff to me.

I can't really hide boobs/bra from the front, why bother from back?

Also, the only looks  I get that might discomfort me a little come from the front. I am blissfully unaware of those from the back

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I want to get them to stop strap slipping

Confused old man

I wear sports bras a lot. And yes sometimes you can see the straps. Only been asked twice about it from friends. Just told them it was a back brace/posture aid as they know I have back problems. And if they think any further then that....so what..don’t care anymore. I am 5-11 and 175 pounds. 40c. When I wear a comfy wire cup bra, the boobs really stick out. Funny no one has said anything about that...hahaha...but those evil straps they mention..haha

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
I actually just got a haircut the other day and was wearing my bra like this. When the barber lady was doing my neckline she had to pull my collar back and I had a mini panic attack that I would be exposed, but it didn't feel like she pulled my collar back far enough to see the straps and she didn't say anything. It does for sure pull the straps closer to your neck line, but you would really have to pull your collar down far to see the straps.

So in short, yes it does bring the straps closer to your neck where they could be seen, but with the experience I've had even getting a haircut they are still hidden under my shirt for enough to not be seen.
I had a similar thing happen to me last week. I went for a haircut presenting myself as male as I normally do, but wore my Bali bralette underneath for the first time outdoors. I’m new to this Great Clips shop. After the friendly and talkative hairstylist finished cutting my hair, she unexpectedly gave both my shoulders and back a nice little massage, chitchatting all the while…I knew she could feel my bra straps but she didn’t skip a beat, giving me an extra 15 seconds of massaging. Then, as I paid my bill, she complimented me on my handlebar mustache. She’s the first person to know what I wear under my male shirt. It was an Interesting morning. 😃💃🏻

Offline blad

The old massage after the haircut issue.

My wife cuts my hair now, no massage but she knows what's under my shirt.

Busted (and happy)

Hi Rich Meier

Clips are not necessary for slipping

Started a new thread in case others also have this unnecessary problem
Thought it might get lost in this thread

Busted

Offline Johndoe1

I had a similar thing happen to me last week. I went for a haircut presenting myself as male as I normally do, but wore my Bali bralette underneath for the first time outdoors. I’m new to this Great Clips shop. After the friendly and talkative hairstylist finished cutting my hair, she unexpectedly gave both my shoulders and back a nice little massage, chitchatting all the while…I knew she could feel my bra straps but she didn’t skip a beat, giving me an extra 15 seconds of massaging. Then, as I paid my bill, she complimented me on my handlebar mustache. She’s the first person to know what I wear under my male shirt. It was an Interesting morning. 😃💃🏻
I have been going to Great Clips for years in a bra and getting the MVP which is the one with the back massage. I have never had a stylist react running the massage gun over the straps on my bra. And when she washes my hair, she is looking down my chest as I see it while reclined in the wash chair and you can't miss the girls in that position. I am sure I am not the only gynecomastic man they see or have seen. Most of the stylists are young and are more accepting to start with and they don't really pay that much attention. I have never had a bad experience at Great Clips.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Easy for me
I am bald
Very bald
Regards, Bob

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member

I have been going to Great Clips for years in a bra and getting the MVP which is the one with the back massage. I have never had a stylist react running the massage gun over the straps on my bra. And when she washes my hair, she is looking down my chest as I see it while reclined in the wash chair and you can't miss the girls in that position. I am sure I am not the only gynecomastic man they see or have seen. Most of the stylists are young and are more accepting to start with and they don't really pay that much attention. I have never had a bad experience at Great Clips.
I have often wondered myself if it’s even noticeable when wearing the cape the hairdressers put on you when you sit in the chair. Not one has even glanced twice at my chest. Could it be that they have seen it all and it’s not remarkable to them anymore?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024