Author Topic: Stitches in middle of the areola?  (Read 2341 times)

Offline wooz101

Hi all,
Hi! I am 6 days post op. I've had gyno surgery with a very reputable doctor on both sides. Only gland excision, no lipo, both sides were the same severity. However, after removing the gauze pads, I've noticed that my left areola looks pretty normal, but the right looks weird, and has stitches in the middle. have I been butchered? What happened here? Is this common and will my areola ever look normal? I've attached pics of both sides. Any explanation would mean a lot, I am freaking out. Thanks!!!

Offline wooz101

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Really can't tell from your photos what was done.  And at six days, it is much much too early to become upset about the results.  You should, however, inquire of your surgeon at your next visit as to why there were stitches in the middle of the areola.  He should be able to answer your questions.

In the meantime, be patient and allow healing to progress , swelling to decrease, etc.  You may be pleasantly surprised at the results -- but they will be several months down the road.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Slamberton1:
I answered your question in the thread you started.  Here's my reply again:

This early in the healing process it's not unusual to have some asymmetry.  It could be more swelling on one side than the other.  You could have had some nipple asymmetry that went undetected before the surgery.  
Be sure to address it with your surgeon at your follow up visit if it persists.  But try not to worry this early in the game.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Slamberton1

• Posting Member
Oh, I didn't realise that I posted my question on this post by mistake. 😳

Offline Htopball

I am in this same situation, one nipple is cut and stitched in the middle. What did your surgeon say about it and what does it look like now? Thank you..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024