Author Topic: Just saw a consultant.... surgery?  (Read 6400 times)

Offline jbumps

• Posting Member
  • Think Different!!
Just saw a consultant, he checked my gyne and my nads, then offered me surgery in 2-3 months...

Anyway, I have really quite minor gyne and I've asked for some more time, get my gcse's out of the way etc. They seemed really pro surgery (consultant and his nurse), is that normal?

Thing is I really don't want surgery, and my gyne is gettin better, but I do want rid, I've got an appointment in July to discuss it some more. Anyway, I just needed somewhere to talk about it, my mum was there, my dad's a prick, my sister doesn't know and the only friend i've told is in Malta.  So I thought I'd just tell y'alll where I'm at.

Feels kinda nice to be in the system I suppose...
15 and seriously hunched...

Offline jbumps

• Posting Member
  • Think Different!!
thanks, i don't thik i need it now, but if i still have it in a years time, i want rid, it's really gettin me down

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
I have same question too. I badly needed help to someone here who knows what to find in a surgeon.

I have asked a surgeon. I told him if he is aware of gynecomastia and he defined it to me as a pair of breasts not symmetrical to the other, meaning the other breast is larger than the other breast.

then I asked him if he had experience in doing surgery of gynecomastia, he said he did many times doing gynecomastia operation to girls, but not yet to boys.

then asked him If he can identify whether its gland or fat and if he will give me medication or surgery. he replied that whether its gland or fat, i will still be subjected to surgery.

should I still proceed with this surgeon? or find a better surgeon who have a pretty good grasp of gynecomastia situation? thanks.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
not sure he he knows his stuff.  

like what gyne is, for one.  he seems to think gyne = asymmetrical sizing in women.  wrong.  the word means woman-like breasts, in men.  

gynecomastia is also strictly a male thing, for another:  women don't have that, they just have breasts.  

if he's never done this on men, don't go within a hundred miles of him, you will very likely regret it.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
@headheldhigh01

thanks for the tipd and reply. i will not have a surgery with that surgeon. can I just let him examine my chest to see if its gland or fat? only thing that im worried is that he will insist me to undergo surgery because of his statement:

whether its gland or fat, i will still be subjected to surgery.

or should find another surgeon to check my chest?

Offline jbumps

• Posting Member
  • Think Different!!
First, any surgery is your choice, so letting him examine him won't force you into anything.

Second, why let him examine your chest, YOU DON'T WANT SURGERY FROM HIM, do you?

Third, you don't need him to examine it, its pretty easy to check if you have the gland or fat or ya know, how much of each...

I went to a breast surgery clinic, and they all knew what they were talkin about, as well as doing tons of gyne removal opps. I felt really comfortable.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
i just want to check and verify if mine is gland or fat. since you know it, maybe you can teach me how can i determine if this is fat or gland so that i will not go to that surgeon and save time and money.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the distinction as i understand it can sometimes get a little fuzzy, but basically gland is when the tissue takes a denser, usually smaller form, kind of like a disc of various size.  "fat" form is when the tissue takes on a higher fat content, as real breasts would normally, and is therefore softer, more diffuse, and usually larger.  

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Im sure the Doctor knows what it is. He probably doesn't realize that you know so much about it. Thats why his answers are so brief and simple. Look him up on the internet and see if he is qualified in doing gynecomastia surgerys.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
As long as the Doctor is trained in doing gynecomastia work, than its all good. Even if its the Doctors first time doing gynecomastia, don't you think he would be extra careful to not mess up and willing to do touchups for free?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024