Author Topic: MY STORY.  (Read 5928 times)

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
Hello.
I had Surg today.
I just want to thank everyone here because I never had to ask any questions because I knew everything.

A few funny things happened to me but basically it was just as people said (for those who have their coming).

Worst part was before it all started when there is a team of people all looking, touching you, marking you. Worst part BY FAR. After that, BOOM - you wake up somewhere else. I felt totally fine right after but on my way out, really soon after, i passed out near the door so i went back up and slept for an hour.

I'm sure the surg will look better but right now I don't feel/peak anything too amazing. we'll see. No pics yet.

I had a nurse be like "did you actually have breats!" - afterwards. I was like "what?" and she goes "well, the nurses just thought you looked good when you walked in here" - VERY AWKWARD. Passing out at the doors was pretty bad too. I had doctors be like "what surg did you have" and i just muttered "gynananast" and he must have heard even though i mumbled and went "oh...o.k." - brutal

haven't taken any T3's, should I? never have - the pads are TOTALLY NOTICABLE if you go to work. i'm happy that I told people i was having surgury and i just bullshat what it was because i would have looked like an ass. Even with a jacket, it's puffy. So heads up.  I have to put that debate to an end, it's TOTALLY noticable. Sleeping on the back sucks but otherwise, it's not too bad. I know i'm not even 12 hours post so we'll see how things go. If you have any questions, please post and ALWAYS looking for tips, feedback, especially for the folks just a week post op.

BIG UPS TO GRANDPA - for all his comments and words.

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Congratulations Rancho, and welcome to the other side!  ;)

Indeed an awkward situation.. lol made me laugh just the way you phrased it... But im sure you weren't laughing at the time...
Well, it's all done now, so just kick back and take it easy for the next couple of weeks.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Congrats on the op rancho!  Would the pads be easy to hide with a t-shirt and sweatshirt?

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
not for me.
Sports jacket maybe...
Sweatshirt, no.
i'm REALLY happy with the route that i took, telling people i was having 'upper body surgery'- keep it vague like the maple leafs do for injuries. I've been sort of "i don't wanna talk about it sort of thing" and i'm very confident people don't know what i actually had. THis way i'm gonna go to work on Monday and just tell people i have a full body wrap and i won't have to hide it.

Also, Bambu, your pics - did you take your pads off each day to look? i'm going to wait but i'm just curious.  Because I don't feel any improvement but it's only been 1 day and on your pics, it didn't look much better until about 5 days.

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
I wouldn't chance it..
I kind of pulled the top front open a bit here and there to get a glimpse, but never did I remove the pads/ tensor for a full 6 days.
The pads reduce your bruising BIGtime. I would leave them alone.

Offline Second_Timer

• Posting Member
Congrats on the surg Rancho!

On the pads: I shaved a bunch on the padding off of the top of them with sizzors to give them a less violent contour.  Once I did that, they were hardly noticable.

- ST

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hello.
I had Surg today.

Rancho....

Congrats...
Dude!

BIG UPS TO GRANDPA - for all his comments and words.

Thanks!  :)

John.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:11:10 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Also, Bambu, your pics - did you take your pads off each day to look?

I took the tensor and pads off on day 2 and wore nothing until day 6. When I saw JCF for my post-op check-up (day 6), he had a nurse put another tensor bandage on me.

I'm going to wait but i'm just curious.  Because I don't feel any improvement but it's only been 1 day and on your pics, it didn't look much better until about the 5 days.

IMO, there wasn't much improvement until day 8. It gets 'worse' before it gets 'better'.

John.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:27:37 AM by Bambu »

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
Hello,

a few questions...

is it gonna KILL to take this tape off, it already hurts thinking about it....

I feel like the foam pad is getting a little low - anyone else experience this. Not a big deal but over the last few days like it's sinking on my body.

In the Post-Op, is it just Dr Field? or a team of others (hated that part) - just want to prepare properly.

Can anyone sum up the post-op, what happens and such - all the tips/heads up have been GREAT. thanks again guys.

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
Also,  i'm probably in a BAD stage right now.
The first weekend 'with the pads' so i'm lying to EVERYONE about what's up with me. I've changed my story from being sick to being out of town So many times i can't remember. I'm probably obsessing but i'm 3days post op and it feels (from peeking) like NOTHING has been changed. Even bambu's pics are slightly better each day and by day 5, 6 it's noticable better. I can see 'hills' when i look down. ARG. Even though i'm sure everythging will be fine and i recommend the surg, i don't think i could go thorugh this again. $, time off, the lying, the pain, it's way too much.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

In the Post-Op, is it just Dr Field? or a team of others (hated that part) - just want to prepare properly.

For my Post-Op check-up, the only people to see me were Dr. Fielding and one female nurse. No biggie... ;)

Can anyone sum up the post-op, what happens and such - all the tips/heads up have been GREAT. thanks again guys.

JCF will examine you to make sure you are healing okay. That's about it Dude. I had to wait for about an hour before I got to see the doc, but once I was in the examination room, I was in and out in about 10 minutes.

John.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 05:10:45 AM by Bambu »

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
can i just shave the padding down or no?

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
i heard someone did...
i dunno. I would just say 'back injury" - remember you'll have to take off ANOTHER on the Tuesday....

good luck.

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
Post op day 12.
I feel like a classic case with many of the same questions/comments.

How tight should i be wearing the tensor and does that make much of a difference. - it keeps falling down throughout the day but over a t-shirt, it's been fine and my chest actually looks better when it on as it looks TOTALLY flat.

right now, i still have little moobs, better for sure but i'm not blow away in tears of joy. To be honest, if all the scars go away NOBODY would know i had surgery. Because i still have little moobs it looks realistic that i lost weight so that;s good because it would have been weird if i was totally flat.

How long do i keep the tensor on? I sort of forget what they told me. can i really do cardio in a few days? at the post op meeting, he said i could:
-do cardio in a week
-cut off that little string

does that make sense? i feel weird if i was doing cardio now. I did sleep on my front for an hour which was o.k. last night - is that REALLY bad?

Raven - how you doing? haven't heard from you...
That's it for now.

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Post op day 12.
I feel like a classic case with many of the same questions/comments.

How tight should i be wearing the tensor and does that make much of a difference. - it keeps falling down throughout the day but over a t-shirt, it's been fine and my chest actually looks better when it on as it looks TOTALLY flat.

right now, i still have little moobs, better for sure but i'm not blow away in tears of joy. To be honest, if all the scars go away NOBODY would know i had surgery. Because i still have little moobs it looks realistic that i lost weight so that;s good because it would have been weird if i was totally flat.

How long do i keep the tensor on? I sort of forget what they told me. can i really do cardio in a few days? at the post op meeting, he said i could:
-do cardio in a week
-cut off that little string

does that make sense? i feel weird if i was doing cardio now. I did sleep on my front for an hour which was o.k. last night - is that REALLY bad?

Raven - how you doing? haven't heard from you...
That's it for now.

I'm still around, just not posting much because I am quite upset that my results are nowhere near what I expected them to be.

I've tried exercising and bruised the front upper chest,
so now I am backtracking by a week or so.
Sucks to be quite honest.

I think Dr Lista will be on my list of people to see in December.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024