Author Topic: Lifting after Gyne surgery  (Read 2427 times)

Offline mcolgan2015

Im due to get surgery on the 19 of august as long as my health insurance accepts paying for it. I begin school a week later on the 26th. I am aware that I will need to get about a month of rest and wear the vest for about a month but how long is it usually until the patient can go back to the gym hitting the weights hard? I thought I heard it was usually after about a month but i would just like to make sure. I know that recovery is the most important part of this surgery and I definately do not want anything to go wrong. I also hope to definitely keep everyone up to date if I get the procedure on the 19th. I have been through so much no wanting to take my shirt off at the beach and pool and i am so ready to get this done.

Thanks for your help

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
All that crap you hear on bodybuilding forums is in my experience just that, crap. You have to take a reasonable amount of time out. If you rush back into lifting heavy, you run the risk of affecting you're final result, bleeding, scar formation etc. Gym after a month, yes. Lifting "heavy", a couple of months easily. Good luck Buddy

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I experimented with weights at three and a half weeks and up. Its so restricted early on that it's almost begging for trauma. Around eight/ ten weeks is when I feel like I should've started. Alas, I didn't have any injuries from training but the swelling comes and goes and I prefer not dealing with tissue that is that early in the healing process.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024