Author Topic: A few questions before I get a consultation  (Read 5017 times)

ha032742

Thanks guys, suppose I could try get a week off maybe two but that's  pushing it, do you think that's enough time before going back to work and being physical? Also my holiday is in July and it's in a hot country and if I don't have surgery before the holiday i won't be taking my shirt off. What's the latest I would be able to get surgery and for it to look good?

Not sure about a week or two off being enough...I seem to remember someone else who works as builder taking about 3-4 weeks off but again each case is unique. As for your second question, no one can really answer that with any certainty...some people's chest looks great pretty much straight away after the bruising has settled but for others it can take 6-12 months for swelling and scar tissue to completely settle down. Again scars from the incisions may be more visible and can take longer to heal in some cases.

Offline Carpenter1

• Posting Member
Thanks guys, suppose I could try get a week off maybe two but that's  pushing it, do you think that's enough time before going back to work and being physical? Also my holiday is in July and it's in a hot country and if I don't have surgery before the holiday i won't be taking my shirt off. What's the latest I would be able to get surgery and for it to look good?

Not sure about a week or 2 off being enough...I seem to remember someone else who works as builder taking about 3-4 weeks off but again each case is unique. As for your second question, no one can really answer that with any certainty...some people's chest looks great pretty much straight away after the bruising has settled but for others it can take 6-12 months for swelling and scar tissue to completely settle down. Again scars from the incisions may be more visible and can take longer to heal in some cases.

Trouble is I can't afford to have more than a few weeks off, might have to just live with it this year then and get it done this time next year. God I hate gynecomastia

ha032742

If I were in your shoes, I'd cancel the holiday abroad* and use that time to recover from the surgery instead along with the 1-2 weeks you think you'll be able to wangle...sure it'll suck not being able to go on holiday but think of it as short term pain for long term gain with the years of topless sunbathing/swimming you'll be able to have afterwards  ;)

*unless it's non-refundable

ha032742

I guess it's down to priorities with how bad the gynaecomastia is and whether you can live with it for another year being factors in your decision.

Offline Carpenter1

• Posting Member
yeah holiday is non refundable now and the girlfriend wouldn't be too happy with that lol, went on holiday last year and kept my t shirt on the whole time was horrible didn't know about my options until coming on this website and seeing the fantastic results

ha032742

Ah shame (wouldn't want to upset the missus either! :o)...will you be able to get enough time off next year if you decide to go ahead with surgery though or will you be in the same situation as now?

Offline Carpenter1

• Posting Member
Ah shame (wouldn't want to upset the missus either! :o)...will you be able to get enough time off next year if you decide to go ahead with surgery then though?

I'll just have to make it happen lived with gynecomastia for the whole of my teens and it just effects so much of your life that id do anything to get rid of it. might go see levick and talk to him about it all and see what he says

ha032742

Wouldn't hurt to get his opinion definitely, good luck :)

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
might go see levick and talk to him about it all and see what he says
For sure man, that seems like the best idea.  In my case, two weeks would've been long enough...It all depends on how severe your case is and what your surgeon will plan on doing - every case is unique.

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
Did you go back to work after 2 weeks Sven ? Do you do manual work ?

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
Did you go back to work after 2 weeks Sven ? Do you do manual work ?

I work a desk job, so getting back to work was not a problem...I actually worked the day after surgery!  The thing is, I work out 5 days a week, so getting back in the gym was what took some time.  I was doing light workouts after 2 weeks, and back to my regular routine after 3 weeks (except chest, which I waited a full month to work directly).

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
Hope all went well  I'll  see ya on the other side ;D

Offline ReggieLedoux

• Posting Member
Had my consultation and have now made the plunge and booked surgery for late February. Massive weight off my shoulders knowing it is going to happen! Don't think I would have booked it if it wasn't for the encouraging posts in this board and the reviews from specific surgeons. I'll aim to start a thread with my progress once I'm gyne free

Offline scotty1986

• Posting Member
Yeah good luck this morning Ste mate

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024