Author Topic: airo's experience that you might learn from (philippines)  (Read 5535 times)

Offline airo

• Posting Member
i have decided to document my experience with gynecomastia on this discussion board in the hopes that i could help others with a similar case to mine. i also hope that i could help you to avoid the mistake that i made.. costly mistake in both time and money.

i have had gynecomastia since childhood. i thought then that i was just fat so i had larger breasts. as i grew older, i felt embarassed because i was different. i could not take off my shirt around people, even with my friends. there was alot i missed out on as a teen. while everyone was going swimming or playing basketball, i had to make excuses so i could just sit on the sidelines. i lost confidence on just about anything that involved catching attention to myself, and i settled for a small circle of friends. you know, less people around you, the less questions, and less stares.

i tried working out when i was in college. i lost weight, loved the peck deck and bench press, but my chest was still pointed and was even more noticeable when i slimmed down. i eventually stopped and felt hopeless, and just decided to accept my fate.

i did find a lovely wife who accepted me and supported my being different; moreso, my lack of confidence. she helped me find good clothes that would hide my gynecomastia.  she encouraged me to have it operated on when i told her that i would still want to be "normal".

my initial operation was a failed one. i got overly excited and trusted a doctor whose "head of aesthetic surgery" credential of a well-known hospital, for me, was enough proof of his ability, or so i thought. he recommended liposuction and said that it was the best thing ever to happen for gynecomastia.  he also said that the glands would be removed by lipo and that my chest would surely flatten out afterwards. total package cost was 90k (incl OR fees, general anesthesia, private room, etc). 

i said failed operation because i still had gynecomastia after the liposuction. i was able tell when i felt my chest, and i knew that it was not just fat. consolation was that my breasts did get smaller a bit 1.5months after, less noticeable when wearing a shirt. this is when i started to browse the internet for more information to prove that the lipo failed. and that is when i found this site and doc benny (thru testimonials by sadgyneguy and toinkz).

i consulted with doc benny and confirmed that gland excision was needed in my case. he explained everything to me and answered all my questions. he even offered to discuss payment terms but i declined. i scheduled for an operation with him at Humana last dec. 17, 2010. the operation took about 1.5hrs. under local anesthesia. the operation was successful. you can check the pre and post-ops that i will post later if you need to compare it with what you have.

Offline airo

• Posting Member

Offline airo

• Posting Member

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
post ka din bro ng picture mo na naka side view ka at isa pang picture na nakataas ang dalawang kamay mo...
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
parang hindi gaano karami ung tinangal sayo Airo.. did u also have lipo this time?

Offline airo

• Posting Member
sadgyne,

wala akong pic na nakaraise both hands. meron kinuha si doc left and right side views. post ko nalang sa sunod.

root,

sa pic mukang kaunti pero nakakumpol kasi yan nung kinunan ng pic ni doc. the post op pic doesn't look like there's a big difference pero nawala ung pointy-ness. hintayin ko mag heal pa.

right now may prob is hematoma on the left na naman after going to doc benny yesterday for checkup and draining..

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
hey airo, all the best with the healing. nung bumalik ako after one week (kahapon), i told doc that i still had 33% gyne left. doc said that it is still swelling and it will still get flatter by 40%. so im expecting the final result to be 20% the initial size. :) in the pre-op consultation, doc said that if i was not satisfied then he will do revision surgery free of charge (just OR and medicine fees). The surgery for me went smoother than i thought it would so im not dreading revision surgery if ever. did he also offer that to you? (it may be dahil lipo lang ako?) He said the earliest time i can have surgery again it is after 3 to 4 months if ever. So just in case you are not satisfied with your final result, at least alam natin di tayo papabayaan ni doc.. gusto ko nga isauli yung meds ko since dami kong binili pero hindi ko ginamit, i donate ko nalang sa next gyne patient lol

Merry xmas!

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
sinabi ko kay doc na what i notice about my gyne is depending on how much water my body is storing at the moment, sometimes lumalaki, sometimes lumiliit. i dont know if ako lang yung ganito or lahat ng tao, yung nag fufluctuate palagi. right now, lumaki ulit siya, to as much as 70% of the original size, kaya medyo  ??? ako ng konti, a few days ago, parang 30% lang.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
sinabi ko kay doc na what i notice about my gyne is depending on how much water my body is storing at the moment, sometimes lumalaki, sometimes lumiliit. i dont know if ako lang yung ganito or lahat ng tao, yung nag fufluctuate palagi. right now, lumaki ulit siya, to as much as 70% of the original size, kaya medyo  ??? ako ng konti, a few days ago, parang 30% lang.

drink lots of water...   avoid salty foods....

make sure na laging compressed para iwas sa hematoma or seroma...

Offline airo

• Posting Member
root,

nakalimutan ko sagutin last time, bale talagang gland excision lang ginawa ni doc. di na nag lipo. sana ayos na this time, parang ayaw ko na mag undergo ng surgery ulet hehehe. tagal din kasi ng healing process. 2.5 mos from my first lipo with the other doctor tapos another 2-3mos this time malamang. hindi namin napagusapan yung revision incase kulang pa yung ginawa nya. pero madali naman kausap yun si doc.

tama si sadgyne, drink lots of water and avoid salty food kasi tendency ng body is to retain water pag marami kang salt intake. i learned that too from my wife's nephrologist. anyway, in your case, give it some time lang. wag ka lang mainip. siguro mga 1month from the liposuction, makikita mo na ung end result. sakin ganun ang nangyari dati. on the 2nd month, nag consult na ko kay doc benny kasi nga kita ko that it won't get any smaller anymore.

Offline airo

• Posting Member
i will be visiting doc benny again tomorrow for checkup. i expect to get drained again on my left breast coz of hematoma, though this time it's smaller so less blood. i just don't like the feeling when the blood is being drained.

sadgyne,

bilib talaga ako sa tapang mo. di ko ata kakayanin na gawin ko ng sarili ko lang yung pag drain ng dugo. tsaka mahirap din yung pakiramdam pag sobrang higpit ng bandage. pero tiis lang talaga.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
i will be visiting doc benny again tomorrow for checkup. i expect to get drained again on my left breast coz of hematoma, though this time it's smaller so less blood. i just don't like the feeling when the blood is being drained.

sadgyne,

bilib talaga ako sa tapang mo. di ko ata kakayanin na gawin ko ng sarili ko lang yung pag drain ng dugo. tsaka mahirap din yung pakiramdam pag sobrang higpit ng bandage. pero tiis lang talaga.

hehehehe.. both left and right dine drain ko kahapon... actually di masyadong masakit pag ikaw mismo magde drain kasi controlled mo ang pag push palabas nung blood na namuo.. although di ko mapalabas yung parang gelatin na dugo, but yung mga dugong namuo in liquid form, napapalabas ko lahat...

lagyan mo lang ng modess yung part na kelangan icompress... kahit wag masyadong mahigpit ang bandage ok lang yun hehehe :)

Offline airo

• Posting Member
i'll be visiting doc benny again tomorrow. this is my 3rd week since my surgery with him. the right chest is almost flat now or i'd say it's just right. the left has blood again and, for sure, will be drained tomorrow.

both breasts definitely are better than before the surgery. i would still recommend undergoing surgery when you can. but if you can't for some reason, i'd suggest trying a binder. look for a good binder, brand is "Sogo". doesn't have foam like the exercise ab binders. it's cheap at 380php in SM dept store. it's a good way to hide your gynecomastia. this way, you can experience wearing a fit shirt with confidence.

Offline airo

• Posting Member
doc drained blood again today on my left breast. looks like it'll be much better this time now that i found a good binder. the right breast is already flat and the result is i'd say excellent! i hope i'll get the same result on the left later on.

i'll post new pics soon so you could see the results of the operation. and just like lorenz and the others, i'm not getting paid for showing you any of this. 

what we all want is for you guys to know what to expect from an operation here from an experienced surgeon. of course, anything we say is still our personal opinion.  we just hope that those who read our posts would learn from our experiences.

feel free to pm me if you need to ask something that you feel you cannot post in the threads.

Offline airo

• Posting Member
here is a pic of my right breast 3 weeks post-surgery. notice the difference with the pre operation. took the pic just now. even with the much gained fat (clearly showing on the stomach hahahaha) during xmas season, the right breast remained flat. so i guess, gaining weight from here on would not affect the breast.. hopefully. =)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024