Author Topic: Weight loss revealed gyno. Clothes now a challenge.  (Read 5417 times)

Offline Kelly10nss

• Posting Member
I'm new here. I've known for many years that my boobs were a bit more than just fleshy, but I thought it was due to my being out of shape and overweight. I've weighed around 180 for a very long time, but after my weight passed 200, I decided to do something about it.

I was researching my ideal weight for my height and it said to first measure my frame size. Turns out that even though I am 5'11'', I have a small frame. That explains my narrow shoulders and small wrists. Half a dozen weight charts and my doctor said a healthy weight for me should be between 144 and 158 pounds.  I thought maybe my breasts would go away if I lost weight. I started a diet and running in 5k and then 10k events.

I lost the weight and got down to 155. Now I'm thin but the breasts didn't go away. This came as a bit of a surprise.  I started looking online and found this forum. Although I find nothing wrong with those who decide to get gyno surgery, that's just not for me.

But I'm OK with the way I look. It's just me. I am 37" below the breasts, but 41" around the nipples. Trust me, it's not pec muscles.  Since I firmed up everywhere else, I got tired of the chafing and jiggling when I run and thanks to a lot of your comments on this forum, I tried a bra. A 38C Hanes t-shirt bra worked well and is very comfortable. Buying it was a bit embarrassing, though.

Without the bra, I still look out of shape even though I am thin. The bra definitely firms things up, but regular size shirts don't fit right (too loose in the shoulders, baggy in the middle) and forget trying to find pants that fit a 30-31 waist and 40 hips. The waist ends up much too loose. I went to a thrift store and tried some womens shirts and pants. I'm not talking about feminine styled clothes, but just jeans and tailored button up tops that look like mens shirts. Turns out I'm a size 8 in the pants, and women's size XL (or 12-14) for shirts. Everything finally fits well, but I'm just a little uneasy with it. I like that I'm finally not jigging around under ill fitting clothes, but my breasts do appear more rounded with the bra. The thing is, that nobody really seems to care. I've even had some people I meet for business comment that it looks like I must exercise or ask how I stay so thin (that's funny because I was overweight since I was a teenager.) Do any of you find that women's shirts fit better for you?

hammer

Welcome to the forum, the club that many of us don't want to be members of on purpose!

Some of the guys do find that women's tops do work better for them, myself I've never tried them. I'm a 46H bra size and I just wear a well made tee shirt one size to big and a leather vet or a unbuttoned shirt over it and that covers very well for me! It also doubles to conceal me shoulder holster as well.

As for pants, I'm a tie top, sweat pant style whether it's shorts or long pants kind of guy. After 3 major back surgeries I can't stand anything tight like a belt on my back! That's way I carry in a shoulder holster that and I use a wheelchair! It's hard to pull a weapon from a wast band in a wheelchair, lol.

Offline Roadglider

• Posting Member
Welcome and I hope you find this site as useful as I have here.  Lots of good information with regards to dealing with our new "assets".  Hope to see more of your posts here.  

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
Welcome, and we are here for you. I know how you feel medium build 5'9" 165lbs and 36D. Without a bra they point but, with a bra it looks like you have firm pecs ... right? That's what my wife says. I haven't worn anything fitting in a while. In a way, I'm afraid to.

If this works for you, go for it. Enjoy life. Don't be ashamed, it happens.

Boomer

aboywithgirls

I'm new here. I've known for many years that my boobs were a bit more than just fleshy, but I thought it was due to my being out of shape and overweight. I've weighed around 180 for a very long time, but after my weight passed 200, I decided to do something about it.

I was researching my ideal weight for my height and it said to first measure my frame size. Turns out that even though I am 5'11'', I have a small frame. That explains my narrow shoulders and small wrists. Half a dozen weight charts and my doctor said a healthy weight for me should be between 144 and 158 pounds.  I thought maybe my breasts would go away if I lost weight. I started a diet and running in 5k and then 10k events.

I lost the weight and got down to 155. Now I'm thin but the breasts didn't go away. This came as a bit of a surprise.  I started looking online and found this forum. Although I find nothing wrong with those who decide to get gyno surgery, that's just not for me.

But I'm OK with the way I look. It's just me. I am 37" below the breasts, but 41" around the nipples. Trust me, it's not pec muscles.  Since I firmed up everywhere else, I got tired of the chafing and jiggling when I run and thanks to a lot of your comments on this forum, I tried a bra. A 38C Hanes t-shirt bra worked well and is very comfortable. Buying it was a bit embarrassing, though.

Without the bra, I still look out of shape even though I am thin. The bra definitely firms things up, but regular size shirts don't fit right (too loose in the shoulders, baggy in the middle) and forget trying to find pants that fit a 30-31 waist and 40 hips. The waist ends up much too loose. I went to a thrift store and tried some womens shirts and pants. I'm not talking about feminine styled clothes, but just jeans and tailored button up tops that look like mens shirts. Turns out I'm a size 8 in the pants, and women's size XL (or 12-14) for shirts. Everything finally fits well, but I'm just a little uneasy with it. I like that I'm finally not jigging around under ill fitting clothes, but my breasts do appear more rounded with the bra. The thing is, that nobody really seems to care. I've even had some people I meet for business comment that it looks like I must exercise or ask how I stay so thin (that's funny because I was overweight since I was a teenager.) Do any of you find that women's shirts fit better for you?
No doubt about it. I have a 36G/H bust. As far as button ups go, women's fit much better. They tend to flare out at hips and bust. They don't look sloppy like the men's shirts I would have 2 buy 2-3 sizes larger, just to accommodate my chest. 

As far as pants go, sometimes I can find men's which are either "relaxed" or "loose" fit. This usually means more room in the seat and thighs. Women's slacks and jeans generally do fit me better. 

Offline Kelly10nss

• Posting Member
When I was heavier, I wore shirts that were one or two sizes too big for concealment. It worked, but always ended up emphasizing my small shoulders. After losing the weight, I had to get all new clothes that don't fall off me (one of the reasons for this post thread). As I said earlier, even though they are less fatty, the girls are more visible than before. I found a good answer for looking good and not drawing attention -- a ladies jeans jacket. I didn't even have to spend a lot. Found one at Old Navy. Size XL is a perfect fit. Looks trim over a tshirt but takes attention away from the 38D underneath.
Another tip is a Maidenform Spacer bra, which has very thin cups that don't add much at all to the size. And it smooths everything out to the sides a bit. A little more side boob, but not quite as much projection. 

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
I'm also starting to get new clothes due to weight loss [while I was sick]. I'm finding color also helps. Darker shirts and lighter pants help also. I tried a wireless with spacer fabric, the fabric was great but the fit didn't work for me. If, it's working for you great. Do what feels comfortable. I'm putting together a post with some info I have learned and have used to help out some guys on https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/.

Boomer

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
Welcome and know you're in a safe space in a community of men who have come to accept and to live with gyno. 

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
Im working on losing weight again.  As my stomac gets smaller and i get thinner my boobs stick out more. I tend to slump to hide them but I have back issues.  Standing up correctly posture to me they stick out. But my wife says no she dosent notice but the top angle changes more fiminen angle.  My moving comfort vero bra has a smidge of padding in the cup so it really shows in my opinion.  I really need another sports bra that is not padded at all but has high impact for my excersize.  However my wife does not agree with the braw thing but has accepted wearing one when working out. Hiwever her comment when i want to get another is.  You have to deal with the ones you have. Im fortunet to really only need a bra when walking fast or running. Im 38b/40a.  I find one size bigger button up and dark t shirts work for me. I wiukd think that a girls button up would fit if you have bigger assets because the thinner center and the flare.  Can you post an example of a shirt you use?

Offline Kelly10nss

• Posting Member
I've been trying to lose weight to see if the breasts would become less noticeable. I think I'm at a point where I can't lose any more. I'm down to 150 lbs (5'11"). I think the breasts are about as small as they'll ever be.  For those who asked, here are a couple of photos in a tank top and just with a 36B bra. I was at 38C previously, but I've lost weight all over. I doubt they'll stay this small if/when I put some of the weight back on. It seems like I gain it in my breasts and bottom before anywhere else.

aboywithgirls

I'm 5'11" as well. Due to medication for other health problems I'm at 220 lbs. I'm wearing a 36H in this picture. 

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
Losing weight again.  My sports bra is now 2 years old.  Iv been looking at some on ebay with no padding.  I think im gonna aproch the bra subject with my wife again.  I have a feeling I may need at some point to go to 36 band.  Im at 38b/40a atm with a slight extender for now to 42.  Think i should bring it up now or just wait im leaning tward wait tell this one is broke or to large. I have a ways to go.  Iv been eyeing this one.  I want good support but no padding. Also i dont like racer backs no adjustment and shows around the neck. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Bendon-sport-sports-bra-71-408-flex-out-underwire-white-Goblin-Blue-U-CHOOSE-/200525118312?var=&hash=item2eb03a7b68%3Am%3AmEI2YKeC_eKEGQXZU8k-Veg&_trkparms=pageci%253Aca6543a0-9010-11e7-b5a4-74dbd1809752%257Cparentrq%253A43f5ef8c15e0ab670a65fd21fff7af51%257Ciid%253A17

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
Well i baught it mainly so i can have it when i lose more weight. It was the last one. Did not tell tge wife i will bring up my reasioning when it comes.  Min teasons are support, and non padded to limit Projection.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I clearly remember ordering it when i acodentaly woke up an hour into my sleeping pill. However i think it gave me confidence to order o well. It will get here i will ware it just when i walk not flant it. if the wife asks what it is when it arives best idea or after iv warn it a bit? To tell her. While shes oked bras in age past they are almost 3 years old and main ones padded.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
Here is what it looks like sorta plain but v beck goes down further than i like. Reason i like back clasp is adjustability and i hate the way racer back is around your kneck. I wear dark thick shirts while walking. No one seems to notice.  Im happy this dosent have padding but has a flexabil underwier for additional support. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024