Author Topic: A quick survey;: Soft cup or underwire? Why do you prefer it?  (Read 6970 times)

aboywithgirls

When I'm out and about,  an underwire is what I wear. I prefer the support and shaping that it provides. Even my sports bras are underwire. 

I do have a few soft cup, leisure bras that ill wear around the house or sleep in. I also have a couple bralettes that i wear around the house but those are both underwire from Torrid. 

Offline Getting boobs

• Posting Member
I prefer an underwire for the same reasons you reasons that you do. I also wear an encapsulation sports bra for comfort, I don't like the smashed down feeling.

I do have some soft cup bras that I wear at times. That was what I started with and still wear once in awhile. But I find that I like an underwire much better.

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
Personally,  I prefer underwire.   It feels more secure and supportive.   I like the wacoal underwire encapsulation sports bra.

Offline SideSet

Underwire. 

Better support, uplift, and shaping.

I know some people say they find underwire less comfortable, but I actually find them more comfortable 

Online Johndoe1

I prefer underwire and encapsulation sports bras. I like the support of the underwire for regular everyday and the encapsulation sports bras hold very secure without getting smashed down and flattened. I do have a soft cup that I will wear on weekends to lounge around, but if I am going out or be gone, I would rather have the support of an underwire.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
I also prefer an underwire bra because they have more support.  I do have a few non-wired bras which I wear on certain occasions, but most of my bras are underwired - both soft cup and molded.

Offline Emcginty

• Posting Member
Underwire.  The support from a minimizer bra forms what I do have into pecks.

Offline blad

I have enjoyed good fitting and supportive bras with either under wire or soft cup.

I think the right fit is more critical with wired.
If the bra fits, wear it.

aboywithgirls

I have enjoyed good fitting and supportive bras with either under wire or soft cup.

I think the right fit is more critical with wired.
Blad, You are absolutely correct.  For most of us, here, we have breasts that are broader..Its important to be fitted because the cup size is more defined. Some bra makers have a this is mind so the entire breast is supported in the wire and cup. Fantastie, Elomi, and Prima Donna have broader wires which work great for me.  I think that there are a lot of women who dont realize this and end up choosing a soft cup because the underwire is the wrong shape for them and end up being uncomfortable in there bra. No wonder they can't wait to take it off as soon as possible. 

Offline Jlt83e

• Posting Member
Gonna have to go with underwire, just seems to fit and do its job, but I can't rule out non wire ,only because I haven't tryed too many of them,I'm guessing a properly fitting non wire would work.

Offline Getting boobs

• Posting Member
Who here likes a molded cup bra now that the weather is cooling off? I can see lots of plus’s for wearing them this time of year. Warmth and nipple concealment being a couple. Anyone else like them for the same reason? 

Online Johndoe1

Molded underwire in the winter is great! Hides the headlights and adds an extra layer of warmth.

aboywithgirls

I agree. I wear more molded cups in the cooler months. However there are occasions when I need to wear a lace cup depending on the top that I'm wearing. In that case, ill put nipple petals on for modesty. 

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I have to go with the underwire as I absolutely NEED the support an underwire gives. After a while you almost forget you have one on. Without the underwire I was getting upper chests, upper back and lower back muscle pulls. After I started wearing the underwire...no more pulls! Oh, I cannot forget the relief from the bouncing and jiggling as well. Be well!

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
Definitely an underwire.  Better support  I do have a few non-wire models and they are ok, but prefer the underwire

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024