Author Topic: Bras for side boobs  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good bra to help with those pesky side boobs? I’m looking for an underwired, unlined plunge style and am hoping for something with wider wings to help push the side boob tissue forward and into the cups.

I’m sure I read somewhere that some bras have extra boning or reinforcement at the sides to help with this, but I can’t seem to find any examples. I have been wearing 38b, but was hoping to try sister sizing to 40a in the hope of getting a wider wire. The problem is, of course, finding small cups with larger bands.

I’ve also seen suggestions that longline bras might be a good idea, but have never tried one. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Offline Johndoe1

Look for bras with side panels or built in slings in the cups. This helps with the side boob.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Yeah, I have problems finding a bra that helps control the side boob without having some spill out over the top of the side.  Kinda need a side control bra where the sides go all the way up to my underarm.  Haven't found anything like that.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Yes - that’s pretty much what I was thinking. I hate the rolls of tissue that spill over almost as much as I hate the way my arms constantly rub on it when I walk. A couple of my underwired bras are pretty good at containing it if I swoop and scoop carefully when dressing, and it feels so much better. Although this creates more forward projection, I almost fell that this is LESS noticeable than the very obvious underarm contours created by the overspill.

I did try a weird front-fastening Chinese bra that looked like it might work. It has multiple hooks & eyes down a deep front band and come up high under the arms. Unfortunately, it just isn’t the same shape as me so did not work out.

I might look for a light support underwired sports bra and see how that works out.

aboywithgirls

Side support is so important. When you're in a A or B cup size range, it gets difficult to place the side boob in the cup where it belongs. It also depends on if you prefer to wear an underwire or a soft cup.

I  wear underwire bras almost exclusively. I have a few leisure bras that I wear around the house. 

I would start a chat with a representative on herroom.com . They help men with fit issues all the time. 

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Thanks, ABWG - That’s a great suggestion. I will give Herroom a try.

I strongly prefer underwires, and have had reasonable success swooping and scooping the side boob into the cups. It feels so much better to have everything contained in the cups and not driving me nuts when my arms rub on my side boobs. I find the tissue does tend to stay contained in the cups once I have everything properly arranged in the morning.

I wear sports bras for activities, and my main beef with them is that they don’t really deal with the side boob problem very well, plus I hate how they squash my breasts down - I can’t stand wearing one all day.

Around the home I wear a very lightweight cotton/Lycra top. No underwires, so I doesn’t give me very much support but feels really nice to wear, and does reduce the jiggle a bit as well as preventing nipple chafing.

aboywithgirls

Good luck. I have a couple of Elomi Energize sports bras for activities and work outs.  Its an encapsulating sports bra so it holds the girls firm with out squishing them.

Leisure bras or sleeps bras are great for just lounging or sleeping. If I havento leave the house to run any errands wear I will be out walking around, I'll change and grab an underwire. 

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Excuse my ignorance, but can you elaborate on encapsulating bras a little? They sound exactly what I want - my real complaint with sports bras is the squishing problem. Do you find that an encapsulating bra is comfortable for extended wear?

aboywithgirls

Encapsulating sports bras are very snug, very supportive bras that let you girls keep their shape while being supported without being squished. I can wear my Elomi Energize sports bras all day.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Once again I demonstrate my ignorance about bras! For no particularly good reason I had assumed that all sports bras were compression garments. Thank you ABWG, another avenue for me to explore. This could make activities so much more comfortable.

Offline Johndoe1

Here is an example of an encapsulation bra. This particular one is a soft cup. https://www.anita.com/shop/us/sports-bra-extreme-control-504e0e.html
I own two of these bras. They work great!

Each breast has its own cup that encapsulates the breast individually, supporting the breast and then compresses the cups closer to the body for better suppression of movement. If you don't mind the feminine shaping an encapsulation sports bra gives, then for exercise with larger breasts, it's the way to go.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Ah! Thanks guys - I get it. That looks so much better than a compression sports bra for minimising the squish factor. That Anita bra looks extremely well designed and made, and I can definitely believe that it performs well, too.

My current sports bras are of the compression type. I can’t say that they don’t work, but I do find the compression distractingly uncomfortable after a while. Of course, they are just supplied as S,M,L,XL and so on, rather than having a specific band and cup size, so I may well be wearing something that is really too small for me (I but XL which normally seems to be as big as they go)

I think I will shop around a little and see if I can find and encapsulation type in a 40A - I could stay with my usual 38B but I do find a 38 band a little tight, and the 40B bras I have tried so far all seem to be slack in the cups on me.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Here is an example of an encapsulation bra. This particular one is a soft cup. https://www.anita.com/shop/us/sports-bra-extreme-control-504e0e.html
I own two of these bras. They work great!
$70?  Why do bras cost so much?  It's not that much material.  If I wore that, that bra would be worth more than the rest of my outfit combined, including shoes.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Same reason an Audi costs more than a Hyundai, I guess. Design and technology.

But I take your point - at that sort of price it doesn’t encourage you to buy them on a speculative basis. I imagine the argument would be to get professionally fitted and buy just one or two perfectly sized high-end bras, rather than buying numerous cheap bras online and hoping they fit.

I regret to say that I have not yet had a professional fitting, and I do have a drawer full of mostly inexpensive and often badly fitting bras...

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Due to my current location it’s not possible to get a fitting. Thought I’d give an online fitting a try. Brastop advertises that they have one, so I filled out the form and sent two pics. It’s been a week and have yet to hear back. Little disappointing. Going with the shotgun approach for now. Been shopping Amazon and have a few coming this Monday or Tuesday. Very curious as to my real size since the ABTF’s calculator seems really off.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024