Author Topic: Measuring yourself for a bra  (Read 532 times)

Brdy64

Torrid is pretty much straight forward in their method. 

Measuring band size, or where your bras would end on the bottom coming around your chest. this should be fairly snug. 

Then measuring bust, or where the outer most edge of your nipples and coming around your chest. If you have fat rolls like I do this measurement should be snug as well for proper sizing. If you are fairly lean then just pull it taunt. 

Then you need to do some math:

I'll use my measurements as an example. 

My base line, or the lower measurement where the bottom of my bra will ride is a snug 50"

I measure the bust line by coming around my chest from my nipples just taunt enough for the tape not too fall it's 60", but I have lots of fat rolls and side boob. I will pull it snug because of that. I now have 54" snug. 

I subtract the base line from the bust line, and that gives me 4"

Now use the chart to calculate cup size:

1"= A
2"= B
3"= C
4"= D
(And so on)

My bra size is base line/cup, or a 50D. 

This is just a starting point as all the bra companies seem to have their own definition of what cup sizes are and will fit differently. Even different colors from the same company will change slightly. 
Going in and trying them on is the only true way of selecting the correct bra. But the measurement will give you a starting point as to where too look. 

Offline blad

I use the following formula;

f=ln(x)^2/(y-2p)π^e

Where x is the inter nipple distance and y is boob mass in kg.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
:) Now that made me laugh !
Regards, Bob

Brdy64

I use the following formula;

f=ln(x)^2/(y-2p)π^e

Where x is the inter nipple distance and y is boob mass in kg.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, take the formula into Torrid and tell them to: "start with this".

Offline blad

In Einstein's third unifying theory of relativity he states that as one approaches the speed of light your bra size goes to ∞ .

That is why women on the international space station have to wear 1/4 cup size larger than on earth.

Online Gotboobs

• Silver Member
When I was in high school I worked at a sporting goods store part time. One time this lady came in and wanted a jock strap for her husband. I asked what size and she held her hand out in a cupped position and said about this size I guess. I looked at her and said I need to know his waist size🤣...she turned three shades of red and apologized all over herself. I just smiled and said don’t worry about it that happens all the time🤣. But that was the first and only time someone did that🤣🤣🤣

bikerbob

In Einstein's third unifying theory of relativity he states that as one approaches the speed of light your bra size goes to ∞ .

That is why women on the international space station have to wear 1/4 cup size larger than on earth.
But do you really need a bra in zero gravity?

Brdy64

Yeah, re-entry might give you a "face full" of boobs. 

Brdy64

Online Johndoe1

No. Women astronauts on orbit do not, but some have to have the feel of a bra just the same.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024