Author Topic: Is Testotorine low at 377 (ref range was 175 to 781)???  (Read 3493 times)

Offline ThatMethD1guy

• Posting Member
It has been suggested to me that I post my lab work  for interpretation. I would be most greatful for any insigts anyone can provide. i am it the US so hopefully these valuse have some meaning:

---CBC---
WBC 7.4
RBC 4.29 low?
HGB 13.9 low???
HCT 40 low???
MVC 92.8
MCH 32.2
MCHC 34.7
RDW 13.3
SEGS 62
BANDS 0
LYMPHS 27
MONO 7
EOSIN 2
BASO 2
PLATELET COUNT 237
RBC MORPHOLOGY NORMAL

---HORMONES---
FREE T4 .9
TSH 1.20
ESTRADIOL SERUM 30
PROLACTIN 5.3
TESTOSTORINE T 377

DHEA-S 230
DHEA UNCONJUCATED 405

I posted some pics on the site and visited an edrochornologist and it was kind of waste of time. i prepared alot of questions regarding GYNO and some drugs I have been on including

MethlD1, prepecia and zoloft. he said GYNO is charactorized by hard large breasts and that i was

a normal chunky 45 year man (i am paraphrasing)

the endro did order these hormone tests and i guess i was in the reference ranage...said i was

anemic though...

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
I was at the doc's office too.. and he said i don't have gyne cause i don't have large woman's breast, and that i don't have *weird medical name*, which is the milk conducts that women have.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Gyno does not need to be "hard Breasts". How many females do you know with "hard breasts"? Most are like jello. The Endo is stupid.  Gynecomastia means "female like breasts."  It does not have to be a hard rigid lump of gland to be gynecomastia as it can occur in many different forms. Your endo NEEDS to get an education because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

The reference range of 175 and up on testosteroen is too low. Most ranges start at around 300 and go up from there. What time of day did you have the blood drawn? That makes a difference. Big difference as T levels are highest in the morning.

The ratio of Testosterone to Estradiol is what can cause gyne to form. The ratio of fat to gland can vary . 

Offline ThatMethD1guy

• Posting Member
wow! everyone here is very knowlegable. i had this test in the afternoon after being off propecias for 1 month.....if you look at the estorgen and testostorine i post above it seems hard to interpret the ratio. for what others say about propecia it sounds like baldness and gyno are now the LEAST OF MY CONCERNS!

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Excellent post above. Knowledge is power. 

Offline Hypo-is-here

I have already gave my opinion on the matter, more are found here;

http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/index.php

Offline ThatMethD1guy

• Posting Member
I am relooking at the ratios and it is hard to know what is good or bad. Thank you again for all your help everyone. I see the anti-aging doctor Tuesday and was looking over my edro labwork and am trying to interpert the estrogin totestostorine ratio....does it look good or bad from what anyone  can interpret?

---HORMONES---
FREE T4 .9 (ng/dl)
TSH 1.20  (MCIU/ML)
ESTRADIOL SERUM 30 (PG/ML)
PROLACTIN 5.3 (NG/ML)
TESTOSTORINE T 377 (NG/DL)

DHEA-S 230 (UG/DL)
DHEA UNCONJUCATED 405 (ng/dl)

Offline ThatMethD1guy

• Posting Member
I went to the antiaging doctor and he is going to do alot more tests and agrees with hypo in that more specific tests are needed. He did not feel that my estrigen istslef was particulary bad but needs to see more markers. HE felt I might benefit from testostorine and I could have thyroid issues but we are awaiting the lab results. He also belives that I should ween off propecia (which I am doing) he said in the mean time to try 7-KETO-DHEA

Offline ThatMethD1guy

• Posting Member
Anyone use 7-KETO-DHEA? or have any practical info about it. I have googled it but it seems faily new.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024